Broken Fan Belt -- hard to believe pictures

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Jan 24, 2007.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    This has been around for years but I just saw it yesterday. :embarassed:

A guy inSt. Louis was driving to work on Hwy 144 when he heard a 'pop'! . He thought it sounded like a flat tire, though his ride wasn't affected.
    After pulling over, checking the tires and finding them intact, he opened the hood to look at the motor. Before the hood was even all the way open he jumped back in shock and knocked his head on the partially opened hood, unable to believe what his eyes were seeing! Nobody was going to believe this!
    You sure wouldn't have either! Fortunately, a coworker with a camera recognized him along side the road and stopped to see if he could help.
    Check out the attachment photos to witness for yourself the source of his amazement. Now, this has to be right up there at the top of the list of unusual but verified 'Reasons I was late for work'!

I know... I didn't believe it either, so I checked it here.:lol:

Attached Files:

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Well olefin, I know that at the turn of the last century they were using buffalo leather for making industrial belts, but I think this critter has yet to be tanned!

Thanks for the post... now my wife will never refill her own washer fluid again.:lol:

LOL- a serpent broke his serpentine belt. Does that define irony or what!?!

3. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    holy cow, didn't expect a snake until I saw the pic

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I have heard of people finding snakes in the engine compartment, and it mot that unusual to start your car and hear a cat screech when things start moving around. But that's a big snake to open your hood and find.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats crazy!!! I remember when I worked in the garage at wal-mart a lady came in and asked if we would check under her hood for a smell...Big mistake...It turns out there was a very STINKY,partially decomposed kitten under the hood.2 guys lost their lunch on that deal...I could only imagine a big ol snake under there.At least it probably didn't stink too bad.

6. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The snake is someones pet its a ball python im sure someone is upset about losing there pet.

7. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    THATS TO FUNNY RIGHT THERE.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Only good snakeis a dead snake.Job well done. ,but hard to believe.Thanks for sharing.

9. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    If they had found his tailpipe "apple'd" we'd have a brand new religion out there.....

10. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    WOW! with my fear of snakes I would have died right there, I'll never feel safe driving again

11. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    LOL- a serpent broke his serpentine belt. Does that define irony or what!?![/quote]

And the serpentine belt broke broke the serpent

12. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Thats one Id probably believe even without the snopes. Seen a bunch of squirrels and cats in there too. lol

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've got no problem with snakes, but that would be a shocker. Too big to be a ball python. It's a burmese. That's irrelevent other than in Fla, they are taking up resedency from all the discarded pets when they get too big, and they are reproducing.

14. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ive raised and bred snakes for years im some what an expert and it is a ball python for 100% sure not a bermese. an adult female ball pythons gets 5-6 foot long and very big around. adult males 4-5 foot long. ball pythons have live birth the do not lay eggs. They live up to 25 years and in most cases do not bit thats how they get there names ball because when scared they ball up un like most other snake that will strike. they are very good pets becasue of there docile nature.

here compare the pictures and tell me im wrong.
    http://images.google.com/imgres?img...l+python&start=2&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=2

here is the bermeese notice the pattern and color diffrence
    http://whozoo.org/students/stamoo/burxpyth81.jpg

15. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Man, that would mess up the day, maybe even the britches LOL.

16. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Your second link didn't work, but I believe you even though the patterns on the first image don't match. It's just a much bigger snake than any ball python I've seen. I'm definantly not an expert.