Broke an eighty four year old weather record

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by T-Bone, Apr 17, 2006.

1. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Man today was a hot son of a gun!!! The weatherman said Dallas broke an eightyfour year old record. It was 101 degrees today and the old record was 94 degrees.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come this summer. Heck last Easter we had a lil snow on the ground and yesterday we had the a/c turned on :confused: ....

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Tod your not the only one having weird weather...this should be our rainy season and the ground is rock hard and dry....sure hope this moderates soon.:sad:

3. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well Tod when I read the title I thought You were going to be tellin about a monster fish.lol! That's the kind of weather we've been having lately although it wasn't so bad today.A couple days ago it was around 90 here at the lake.I have had my A/C going in the house for the last 4-5 days.Usually I never turn it on till close to the 1st of June.I hope it doesn't get 100 very soon I would like to get some fishing in and fat boys and hot weather don't mix real well.lol!I may have to start night fishing early this year.

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Hey Tod, I know what you mean about being hot out this early in the year, If we don't get some rain early and throughout the year, we will be worse than last year.
    I pray for rain so I can stay in business.
    Lets all do a rain dance and get some more rain here. lol :)

5. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Same around here, we were setting records as well! Its was rediculously hot for this time a year last week. I sure hope thats not forecasting whats to come this summer!

6. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    101,holy smokes we don't even see that hardly in the summer time. guess it's a good time to be sipping some ice tea:)

7. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Yeow! It's pretty warm here too. Been a really mild winter. No long cold spells to speak of. I do dread this summer though on account of the warmer temps. Bound to be lots and lots of ticks and chiggers. Already finding lots of the ticks on the dog and a few on me if I'm out and about very much in the taller grasses.

Speaking of ticks. I got a helpful hint from one of the guys at church on Sunday. He told me you could put down the triple 13 (13-13-13) fertilizer and it would keep the ticks out of your yard and fertilize the grass as the same time. Seems that as the granules of fertilizer decompose it creates too much heat for the little critters and they leave. It won't kill em, just makes them find a new neighborhood.

8. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    man it was a hot one today, just checked the forcast at nbc5i.com shows rains thursday friday and saturday hope they are right

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :hell_boy: :after_boom: :tire: :dribble: :eek:h: :beat_brick: :beat_shot:

HOLEY MOLEY OLEY!

YOU GUYS MUST BE HOT!
    HOPE YER O'L WATER HOLE DON'T DRY UP!
    TRY TO MAINTAIN YOUR COOLNESS!
    :boss:

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well I'm No Weather Man But I Have A Feeling It Is Going To Be Hot And Dry This Summer. Had To Mild A Winter. Look At The Past. If You Have A Mild Winter You Have A Hot Summer. And Dry. Really Hope I'm Wrong On This One. Oh Well What Ever The Good Lord Gives Us Well Take. Have No Choice.:)

11. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    :eek:h: It's gonna get HOT & stay that way... summer's here :sweat:

12. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Tod

I know what you mean, it was hot but a very nice day. As James stated they are calling for rain later in the week with a cold front come. They are saying the cold front will be coolers temps in the mid 80's.

Think we are in for a bad one this year. I am with Al I hope we get rain to because if we do not most lakes will be unfishable since they still have not recovered from last summer.

13. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Let's all pray that the weatherman has it right for a change. We need alot of rain for sure. Hey Al, I did a lil rainman dance for ya, hope it works.

14. pescador

pescador New Member

State:
    Ohio
    wow 101 that some hot weather.

15. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    The only good thing about all this heat is it makes my business VERY busy!

16. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex

Thanks Tod, I think we need more than a rain dance this year the way it's looking. I'm going to pray that we don't end up like last year and can't launch our boats. :0a32: for more rain this year.......

17. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wow 101 this early thats crazy, but all the weather is I can't remember when we have had this many tornadoes this early. Oh well you stay cool and I will find a big corkscrew stake to tie off to. LOL

18. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Ok the weather can take a hike. Can you imagine what this summer will be like. YUCK!!

19. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    wish I could trade you guys for our rain and stuff I am sick of rain sick of the flooding we are in the 70s and 80's this time of year but not this one record rainfall record snowfalls rivers are overflowing levees ready to bust some have way to much snow spring runoff is going to be bad this year will be lots of flooding it has been a weird year for sure.

20. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    yep trying to rent a 10 mile tanker to send up there an get some of that water , aint none here at all its just HOT HOT HOT and windy :crying: :confused: :mad: :dribble: :surrender: