Broke a personal fishing rule today!

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by BIG GEORGE, Aug 13, 2006.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I violated one of my concrete fishin rules today. I went fishin on the weekend! LOL! I've been off for the past couple and have one more to go due to a special assignment in work. Man will I be glad to get back to my mondays and tuesdays off! LOL! The only redeeming fact was that I spent the day on the water with the Mrs. It was a typical day of copein with BASSERS that swear they own the water and the MAROONS at the ramp! LOL! The Mrs. is what more than likely prevented me from havein on an orange jump suit for the next few months. LOL! Was a great day. Water temp was 77. Depth on the catches of the pics attached was 12 feet. Bait was fresh perch,croaker gutts and that good old fresh chicken liver not cured. Fished both tides with the best catches bein caught on the incomein tide on an inside bend.

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    That's good ya gotta spend a day with the Mrs. And even better ya ain't in an orange jumpsuit right now, hiding from Bubba.....yikes!!! LMAO... Don't wanna drop the soap, there...lol Anyways, congrats on the fish and those were some nice pics of 'em.

-Red

3. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah i hate it when the bassers think they own the lake... A local Resivor i fish here in Indiana has a large tournament ramp but this huge part of the lake is a no wake zone... So the fishing is good.. especially for catfish.. but the bassers will fly through there cause the DNR are out on the main large portion of the lake..... Just want to fling my 4oz. sinker at them... lol... but congrats on the catches and glad you didnt have to dress like the Great Pumpkin for months to come...lol

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well george if you can't break your own rules then whom has a right to? ( beside the wife):lol:

As for you having to worry about big Bubba in the cell I think with your size then you would be what we call a bull. or big daddy.:big_smile:

Some good looking fish you have there.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't go near the water on weekends or holidays because of the crazies doing their thing.:crazy:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Winter is nature's way of saying "up yours".

6. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I am like some of you veteran fishermen, I usually don't go out on Saturdays or Sundays. Between the bass fishermen and the skiers, I too could easily end up in an orange jump suit.
    I own land by the lake and our squirrel season is in. I know 1 or 2 bassers that know real well I squirrel hunt on Saturday mornings instead of fish. I would never do anything that would hurt anyone or anything against the law but a shotgun sounds real loud to someone that was not expecting someone to shoot near by, especially on a lake. Some of the local bass fishermen give me a wide berth if they see me fishing. But, on Monday or Tuesday mornings, I have the lake to myself.

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks for taking me fishing.I realy enjoyed the trip.Thanks,peewee-williams

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's great that you got to spend some time with the wife and doing what we all enjoy--------catfishin,very good pictures brother!-----------pk powell:smile2:

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Once again Goergy, ya done good:big_smile:

10. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    good looking channels:lol:

11. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Good catches there buddy, Thanks for keeping us posted.

Wheelmobile07

12. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Oh yeah by the way, instead of throwing a 4oz sinker at the bassers try a 5oz. that otta teach em! LOL

Wheelmobile07

13. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Yep we do own the lake and always will.

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    You would have thought the pictures would have atleast captured one basser:confused2:
    They must have been doing their own thing like...fishing.

Anyway, nice catch George as always on the Delaware bassers or not.

15. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Brother George those are some great looking cats.Thanks for the pics keep them comeing.

:cat:

16. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, glad you got out with the Mrs.

17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    LMAO!!!! You ain't right Merle!!!!

18. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Hey george nice pics croaker guts I have never tried it hows it work ?

19. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    George, so does that rule still exist, lol ..........nice trio of cats

20. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Hey there Big "G", I'll make sure I have an orange jump suit for ya next Saturday! LOL, Don't worry I got a good spot in a no wake zone! Those are some nice channels and I see you caught my fish that got away on the Racoon creek! LOL, THATS MY FISH! LOL:lol: