broke 2 fishing rods

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bluesbrother, Aug 22, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    last night i broke a like new shimano spinning rod doing the bend test.man graphit is week. then i tried my sons zebco rod guess what it broke, hes not mad because i just got him the new tiger combo...lol what was i thinking.....:crazy:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Bend test, windows and big feet will get you everytime. You are not alone when it comes to rod breaking.

3. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    lol .guess i was just wanting to feel the back bone the shimono snaped fast im like man what a brittle material to make a rod from. and the zebco was like real thin fiberglass.chalk it up as quality controll .

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    The bend test shouldn't be tried on anything less than an Ugly Stik. In my opinion you can't buy a better rod.

st

5. uptoolate

uptoolate New Member

State:
    Canyon Lake, Texas
    I read an article about the bending strength of different rods. They all broke except the Ugly Stick, which withstood 55 lbs of weight and didn't break. It was also the cheapest.

6. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    yes the ugly sticks are tough and there like reinforced. there really good rods take a likin keep on tickn

7. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    shakespere tiger rods are tough and I don't think you can brake them.

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    i read the same article man, also he forgot to mention. the ugly stick was one of the CHEAPEST priced rods they tested, i think it was like 20-100.00 rod testing, and it was like 40-50.00 for the stick. but i have fought alot of big fish on my wal-mart special. Tiger Spinner Combo, open face. caught a few in the 30s, some 20s and many in the teens.... all in the name.

9. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    yea i bent test one at walmart i could here the fibers crackin:eek:oooh:

10. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i have 2 12 foot ugly stiks and 2 medium action ugly stik tigers and i don't believe there is a catfish swimming in this country that could break any of them.

11. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    ugly sticktigers are tough but the tiger combo rod yes it will break . but if you use comman sence it shouldnt break

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    The ugly stick is a good rod look at the bright side you broke them at home not on the water with abig cat on:big_smile:

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You broke TWO rods. Man, that qualifies you for the DA award, and thats not District Attorney. LOL

14. mckiss

mckiss New Member

State:
    kansas
    hey dont laugh ,i was taking my mother n dad fishing ,was showing off my new lakeking rod ,told her look n went to bend it ,it snap n scratched her when it did
    ,good thing it was quarenteed,i got a new one ,but i never heard the last of that story ,almost got my head broke too ,lol

15. Aquakeeper

Aquakeeper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Ya can't beat a good ugly stick when it comes to durability :big_smile:

16. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    lol yea its as in the same as you are fishing in a mud hole for tad poles:big_smile: you who really dont belong on the water heres your sighn:0a36:

17. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    my oppinion graphite rods aint very tough

18. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, I guess that will teach the rest of us not to do a bend test. LMAO

Sorry about the rods bro.

19. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I broke the ends off of 2 of those Zebco rods just getting them out of the storage area in the boat. Ain't wasting anymore cash on them things. Probably only good for gills or use as an ultra light rod anyhow.