Brock Lesnar out of the UFC??

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Just read on another site that Brock wont be back in the UFC for all of 2010 due to health reasons. They say that it might be so bad that he may not come back after that if things dont look good. Im not a big fan but I hope he can get over what ever it is. I could not find anything other than rumors. Aparently Brock asked the UFC to not disclose anything to the public....there is talk of possibly stripping his title and leaving it vacant...

2. Balex123

Balex123 New Member

State:
    Indiana

Yeah thats a bummer. I don't hate the guy, nor like him, but enjoy all the hipe when he fights. I haven't tried to search too in depth on his issue, but I know there is a little section on his injuries/ condition on Wikipedia. As far as how legit that info, its your guess. Would like to see him back this year though. Be nice to see a heavy weight title fight again.

3. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rumors are rumors. Lesnar was ill for a long time coming and according to doctor's was only at 60 % of his abilities. Basically he's been sick for a while, but it just caught up to him this fall.

As of a week or so ago, he was supposed to go back to the Doc's this week to see how the surgery went and to what extent if any he will or won't be able to fight.

As of now, the closest ACTUAL word is a message from one of his trainers saying he will fight, but no clue on when as of now. Lesnar has wanted this to stay as privatre as possible for now, so his camp and the UFC has kept details out. They'll make an announcement, or something in an interview in due time.

the UFC is NOT stripping him of his title. They are holding the Interim title shot since there is so much time between his last fight and when he can fight again. That way there will be a good way to determine who he will fight when he does make it back. Common sense tells anyone that there was no reason to actually strip him of the title. Rumors are Rumors though.
    It's much like when Frank Mir got in the crash and was told he may never walk again.

4. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Well...common would have been to not let Brock fight for title so early in career when there were others who had been working harder and longer for it...money vs. common sense....in the UFC, money wins via submission every time:wink:

5. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Indeed. typically it would not have made sense to allow Brock after the title so quick, but with him.......it made sense all around. If he hadn't gotten sick, he would have already defended or lost the title and would be getting ready for a fight this spring. he may be early in his career, but he was able to fight top tier guys and win this early......so he deserved it.

It's not only the UFC money always wins. It's every org. That's the point. Look at my Strikeforce rant if you want to see an example of money. The difference is. UFC put brock in against top guys, not cans to make him look impressive like Strikeforce is doing.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  6. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I know exactly what you mean. Right now the UFC has the biggest chips in the game so they can afford to do more than other organizations. Dana White has even made the comment that Vegas is now his town or more than one occasion. I persnoally think that the UFC has a direct inlfuence on how successful other organizations are...these other shows have to blow up their cards big time just to be able to compete.

7. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Brock Lesnar will fight in september confirmed by trainers and by mmajunkie.com!!!!!!! 100% he will be fine and is training as of right now also look on yahoo it says the same thing!
    Heck Yes!!!!!

8. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Can you post a link. I've searched for this "confirmation" and have not found anything on junkie or other MMA sites about his "confirmed" return. only Rumors. jusrt the other day Randy Couture said he talked to Brock and that Brock is training, but not on the mats. Meaning light workout typical rehab work. Said he will find out pretty soon what the outlook is.

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This is the best I could find and it was juist posted yesterday on MMAFighting.com. Nowhere near a confirmed return. Next week will be the press conference as the article says. We'll KNOW everything then.

Brock Lesnar is "definitely coming back," the UFC heavyweight champion's head trainer Greg Nelson said Thursday in an interview with ESPN.com's MMA Live.

"Brock Lesnar is definitely coming back to fight," Nelson told host Jon Anik. "And he's just kind of coming up slowly, training, trying to get his body ready and being smart with his recovery."

Lesnar has been sidelined by what was first believed to be mono, but later revealed to be an intestinal disorder, diverticulitis.

Nelson is the leader of the Minnesota Martial Arts Academy in St. Paul, where Lesnar joined in 2007 when he began his pursuit in MMA. As one of the few with access to the very private heavyweight, Nelson has been communicating with Lesnar through emails, texts and occasional phone calls.

"He's been going into the doctor and making sure everything is going well for him and he'll continue to go in for a couple more tests to make sure he is 100% ready to train when he starts up," Nelson said. "He still has a few more things to go through."

UFC president Dana White told MMAFighting.com's Ariel Helwani on Tuesday that a press conference will be held next week in Las Vegas for Lesnar to speak publicly for the first time about his illness. While Nelson said he fully expects Lesnar to return, he does not know the details of the conference.

"That's the surprise for everybody," Nelson said. "I'm not sure of the expectations at this point right now."

White has described Lesnar's illness as potentially career-ending, but Nelson believes that's not the case and Lesnar is the type of individual with the strength to pull through the health issues.

"i know that he'll be able to come back but we're not going to push the river at all," Nelson said. "We want him to be 100% when he starts to train, but being the tough guy and athlete the majority of his life, he's been able to deal with adversity like this, so I'm sure once he gets going. He'll be at the top of his game real quick."

10. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-lesnar012010&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

there you go it will confirm everything i have said!

11. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio