broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by jarhead, Mar 13, 2009.

1. jarhead

jarhead New Member

State:
    ohio
    what broadheads does everyone shoot

2. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    I use the Muzzy 100gr 3 blade.:wink:

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    what he said.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    2 blade bear razorbacks

5. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Rage 3 blade for me! Cuts a BIG hole in them!!!

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Shuttle T-Locks 100gr. for big game and NAP Spitfires or NAP Shockwaves 100gr. expandables for Turkey. Tried alot of broadheads and these perform the best for myself so far.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    G5 Montec 100gr.

8. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    100 grain 4 blade Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts. Great broadhead and the best warranty you will ever find on any broadhead.

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    haven't had the time to bow hunt for a few years because of work. but if i ever get back into it i think the rage 3 blades will be coming with me. have heard nothing but good things about them.

10. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Compound bow100gr 4 blade Muzzy! Stick bow 2 blade 145 gr bear super razor heads..few home made one's.

11. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Bear 2 blade, or Zwickey Black Diamonds, 2 blade.

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Brad how did you make the home made ones. heard of people doing it just never heard how.

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Shuttle T-Lock 125 gr. and some NAP Crossfire 125 gr.

14. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Making your own broadheads isnt hard,just time consuming. Use to cut them out of sheet metal years ago. Now for the stick bow I cut them out of flat sheet steel. Hardware stores carry it in strips 1/4-2 or so inch's wide. I buy the 1 1/2"x36" and cut each head/chunk off at 2",. I stocked up 2 years ago but I imagine its went way up. I grind the back down to where there's a "post" in the middle and thread it. It's not a "full thread" to fit aluminum inserts just enough to catch a few of the inserts threads then I put epoxy in with it and a little around the outside. I prefer to grind the general shape of the head then I sharpen it starting with a file and ending on a whetstone. I can usually salvage the heads on trashed arrows, these heads are as sharp and tough as any you can buy. have to watch getting the steel too hot when grinding it, quench in water often. It's untempered steel but tough when cut down to smaller sizes like this. Buddy of mine's a flint knapper but I havent used/tried his yet. Ive thought about having/learning to do that and making up a quiver full. If a guy has the time these are alot cheaper and just as tough if not tougher then my Muzzy's. I dont know for certain how I'd attach them to carbon arrows as Ive never messed with them. You can usually "eyeball" each one to keep the size's and weight's uniform.

15. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    thanks for info.

16. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Muzzy 100 grain 3 blades. Bad to the bone!

17. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    was shooting muzzy 3 blade 125 grain, but just now swapping to rage 3 blade 100 grains when i get my new bow. muzzys are really good on price, specially at walmart, and they do the job. but can't wait to see what these rages do

18. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    100 grain G5 Montecs.

19. TROPHYBUCKS

TROPHYBUCKS New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Rage 2 blade...AWESOME!!! huge holes. I have shot muzzy, bear, thunderhead, magnus, zwickey and a bunch of others and nothing leaves the holes that the Rage 2 blade does. You'll love em.:wink:

20. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I use a 3 blade rage broadhead, All I can say is wow!!!!!!! The hole it left was amazing and large. The deer didnt go far and left a nice blood trail. They are well worth the money. My buddies always used a muzzy and they both said they were switching after seeing what the rage did to my deer.