Broadheads and fletchings

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Believer, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    When using broadheads, do you line the blades up with the fletchings or do you offset them?
    Some people say one way while others say the other. I have always lined mine up.
    Give me your thoughts please.
    Eric

2. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    if i am using convetional broadheads and my fletchings are straight,i line them up.if my fletchings are helical and my arrows are spinning in flight it doesnt matter.also if i use mechanical broadheads,i just screw them down and shoot.

3. Chrisingeorgia

Chrisingeorgia New Member

State:
    NY
    I think It definitely makes a difference when the heads are aligned with the fletchings. It's not always a huge difference, but any performance gain is well worth it in my opinion.

4. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    I have done mine inline like I was taught over 10 years ago. They say the arrow wont fly true if they aren't aligned. Thats with a 3 blade. I don't know about a 2 or 4 blade. I have heard that it doesn't matter on the mechanical but I wont use them. I have heard too many stories of them not expanding.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I shoot a two blade head on a four fletched arrow. I don't worry about it since the majority of my shots are 15 yards or less anyway.