Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone told me yesterday that they were talking about broad river on the news. They said it was so polluted that the public should not eat any fish at all from it. And if you caught a fish you should handle it with rubber gloves and throw it back.
I thought he was full of crap but he swears it's the truth. He said they were supposed to be putting up warning signs at all the landings.

Have any of y'all heard anything about this?

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Not sure who you heard on the news, or where, but DHEC has Broad River listed with NO consumption advisories. If you hear further info, please post. Thanks.
I think I did hear something about the French Broad River, in NC, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the Cherokee falls area is where the guy lives. It's here in upstate south carolina for anyone who doesn't know.

The 99 islands dam area and pick hill above the dam are the only places I ever go on the broad. (near blacksburg and gaffney)

But this could effect people from the mountains to the coast.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've spent some time looking for info on the web and haven't found much of anything. I spent at least an hour on that news channels web site, and it's not on there anymore. I went back through all the arcives I could.

The only thing I did find while searching the web was a caption from a bass web site. The guy was saying he went up toward the cherokee falls dam looking for some faster water, and there were dead fish floating everywhere.
But the dern site is having problems or something. It won't let me on.

Maybe somebody will find a link to something.

Some of my freinds fish broad river a lot. I'll tell them to let me know if they see any new signs about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.