Bristol Food City 500 tickets

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Feb 13, 2009.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
  2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    walter, you buy the tickets and the gas and i'll drive you there :wink:

i saw those tics, and i want to go...bristol is one of the best races i have been to.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have never been to a Nascar race..:sad2: And with my second child coming, I know I can't afford to buy the tickets:sad2:

Anyone feeling sorry?:smile2::wink::roll_eyes: rollo

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i feel for ya, jason...i just can't reach you:wink::smile2:

i went to bristol when the seats were just big concrete slabs...that was back when the bush cars had to run V6s....we went to the bush race saturday and the cup race sunday...they sold ear plugs at the track and believe you me, at a buck for 2 that was a bargain. those V6s hurt your ears....bad! that was before they had lights to race at night.

i have been to darlington, talladega, atlanta, rockingham, bristol, and texas.

i always wanted to go to indy, but only so i could say i have been. the track layout, as i understand it, is such that you actually see very little of the track. that is a great thing about bristol...even from the cheap seats we could see the whole track.

dover is the one race that i regret missing the most. i always liked the monster mile.

talladega was a trip! i have been there 3 or 4 times. the first time i didn't get good seats. after that one, i realized if you're gonna drive 700 miles to a race you need to find a way to fess up 40 more bucks for good seats:smile2:

the birmingham tower and anniston tower seats are great. i was there when bill sat the pole record at 212+....i was there when bobby allison tore down the front fence and that crash resulted in restrictor plates. i was watching bobby thru my binocs when he lost it....nasty crash. scary as heck for all that saw it.

i was there in '93 when jimmy horton went OVER the rail and landed in the parking lot...just an incredible wreck. took my breath away watching it live, and wowed me again when i came home and replayed it on my vcr.

[youtubevid]wvFNIR_yIls[/youtubevid]

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    DAmIT Phil..LOL...Im tryin here!!!:smile2::wink: rollo

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    If mickey wins daytona will buy you the tickets how about that ?I dont know im not to worried:smile2::wink:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will hold you on that one:wink: Practice today he was 2nd fastest in a 5 lap run if I heard right... This gives me extra incentive to watch the race, and ditch him later if he don't come thru:tounge_out::roll_eyes::smile2: rollo

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Mikey win the Daytona 500? HaHaHa:smile2::smile2::smile2:LMAO

Jr. will win it. :wink:

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    He's won it twice!:wink::cool2: rollo

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    who's mickey? is that mikeys little brother?:smile2:

and neither one is gonna win sundays race:smile2:

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah but its a different story when your on the track with 42 other drivers trying to win.But like you said he has won there twice so he could surprise everybody:roll_eyes::wink: