Bringin' Kid's Fishin'...if I'm Goin', So Is My Boy!

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by da-cajun-angla, Jul 7, 2006.

1. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    SINCE I'VE HAD A KID I'VE NOTICED THAT A LOT OF FELLAS DONT LIKE ANY KIDS COMING ALONG. LOTS OF PEOPLE INVITE ME TO GO FISHIN'...BUT WHEN I MENTION MY BOY ITS.."UMMM, WELL, HH-HMM". I GOT NEWS FOR THEM...THE HELL WITH THAT! I HAVEN'T BEEN FISHIN' IN THE GULF FOR ALMOST 3-1/2 YRS B/C NO ONE WANTS ME TO BRING MY KID. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAVE A OPEN MIND ABOUT BRINGIN' KIDS ON THE BOAT IS...WELL...OTHER PEOPLE WITH KIDS...LOL...ITS COOL THOUGH, I ENJOY ALL THE TIME WITH JUST ME AND HIM(I KNOW IT'S HE AND I, BUT IT SOUNDS STUPID...LOL) AND OF COURSE ALL MY TIME IS FOCUSED ON HIM. BUT IS IS NICE TO GO WITH A FEW PEOPLE, AND HAVE AND HAVE AN ADULT TO CONVERSATE WITH ONCE IN A WHILE..LOL...WELL, IF ANYONE IN SOUTH LA IS LIKE ME, GIME A HOLLA', AND MAYBE WE CAN TAKE THE KIDS OUT.:big_smile:
    SHAUN

2. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    most adults can't handled being outfished by a kid....lol
    i take my 3 whenever possible and won't ever stop

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother you are a great dad, I hope you continue to take that boy fishing. Those are memories that both of yall will have forever.

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Youre the man Shaun! Your son is lucky to have as his dad. I take my oldest boy out everytime I go too. He gains a much deeer appreciation for the outdoors everytime we go too. Besides that, few things compare to the smile and laughter we share when he catches a fish. When I deploy, those are some of my best memories.

5. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Your right on the money! It's what makes the difference between a being a sperm donor and a real father.
    Rep points to you

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

My whole family is the same way if the kids can't go we ain't going. There are very rare occasions when adult time is needed and as a family we can count on each other. Last summer we had my brothers kids, all three, for 4 weeks and loved every minute of it.

7. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Shaun,here in North Louisiana children are always welcome.You are being a great Dad and don't stop.One day you will turn around and he will be grown.Enjoy him all you can and teach him all you can.Children are always welcome at our Red River Redneck gatherings.If I lived closer to you I'd be honored to fish with you and your son...:big_smile:

8. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I can't hook up the boat or pickup a gun wiyhout my 10 yr old. We fish or hunt at least once a week usually 3 or 4 tmies a week. He is the best partner I have.

9. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    My little 4 year old grandson is my fishing buddy and we go every chance we get. He loves to fish and dose not mind what size he catches but he says he wants to catch one bigger than he is. He is still useing a little snoppie rod but handles it like a prow. I am looking for a new rod for him but can not find anything in a four or five foot rod.

10. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    I take my daughter every chance I get. She is always welcome with me.

Any time you wanna come up to the other end of the state, yall are welcome to fish outta my boat.

11. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I Sincerely Appreciate That!

12. jklm

jklm New Member

State:
    la.
    i with you on this one I have found that when i take my kids fishing that i dont i am a guide my job is to help them untill they can do it all them selves and by keeping this attitude it makes it easer for me

13. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    the only folks like you said that dont like kids along are the ones that have not earned the greatest title in the world, DAD!!

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Shaun I tip my hat to you brother. Enjoy your boy along as you possible can,for he'll be grown and be on his own way to soon. What you teach him now you can almost bet that he will hand down to his children. God bless you for being such a great DAd.He will never forget it.