Briefly... kidney stone

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    If I disappear for a few days, you folks will know why. I think I am having another kidney stone attack. I go from severe pain in my left kidney with nausea, to feeling fine, and then back again to the same thing. My urine is VERY dark, probably bloody. Damn sodas I drink. If the Good Lord gets me through this one, I think I'll stick to water, juices and lemonade. Pop Pop, I'll write when I'm feeling better. I'm gonna lie down now.
    BB

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Man, I feel for ya. It's been 3 years since I had my last one, #29. They finally figured out it was my Thyroid medicine, Synthroid, that was causing mine. Nobody suspected that, as it had never been found to cause them before.

Say hello to my little buddy, I still miss him an his burn.:wink:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Hope ya get to feeling better.:sad2:

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Bill, i've never had them but from what i've heard they are painful and pain wise are compared to a women having a baby. Hope ya get over them quick.

5. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Get well Bill. I hope they pass fast. Will be looking for your return. :smile2:

6. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I wish you well Bill; I pray that the stone will pass quickly.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    This one is different than ones I've had before. The others were in my urinary tract tube, requiring catheterization. (sp). This one seems to be still in the kidney. Hopefully, I can dissolve it with lemonade, cranberry juice, etc. If anyone has any home remedies, please do pass them on. I slept just fair last night, but still certainly feel it this morning. I appreciate the concern and replies, and most importantly, the prayers. Prayer DOES work miracles!
    Bill in SC

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I feel for ya Bill. I've had more than forty so far and nothing will stop them, it may reduce the number of them but not stop'em. Water isn't all the great really, well the water here isn't but down you way its problem somewhat better. The high cases on kidney stones in the world are found along the lower appalachian mountain range. Good luck passing it but you may want to see a doctor because it could poison your system. It poisoned mine once and I damn near died.

9. Bait Boat

Bait Boat New Member

State:
    Arkansas. Green
    Hope you pass them real soon Hang in there:eek:oooh:

10. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yes prayer does work....But a laser-stone -buster works better!!!:tounge_out::smile2: Had e'm several yrs back in the ice-storm of 99? in oklahoma.....they couldnt get the machine to the ft. smith hospital due to weather:eek:oooh: had to turn around & go back to spiro.....stopped at ft coffee turn off got out pulled my shirt off & laid down on the ice:wink: for a while..there werent no cars on the road anyway...they did the ultrasound blast didnt work good finally did the laser & blasted them to @#$##!!! Then had to pass the debris:eek:oooh: wasnt good.......there aint no way around the pain when those dudes dig-in (they look like a sand-bur) ..dont know any home-remedy that works...I heard drinking castor-oil regular coats them & allows them to pass.....hell with that get them busted up & gone there is fishing to be done!!!! Good-luck...oh & go get a shot when there hurting bad and stuck it will relax your body & allow them to let go...:eek:oooh:

11. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    lots of water and a high fiber diet that is the latest research

12. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I've done the kidney stone thing, too. No fun, that's for sure. Symptoms sure sound right.

I hope you get to feeling better real soon.

13. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Good luck Bill, I hope that you get to feeling better soon. Them little suckers sure ain't no fun :crazy: Cut down on the soda, and drink more cranberrry juice!

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I seem to be over the "attack" right now. I think I was just dehydrated from the sodas, though I do suspect there are stones in my kidneys as I have had them before. I'm just going to do as suggested and stick with lemonade, which "they" say is great to dissolve stones, and the cranberry juice of course. Also drink lots of water. I'm bad about going all day with little water, and not peeing much. It is certainly detrimental to the kidneys though. My urine is crystal clear now, and the pain has subsided, praise The Lord!
    Bill in SC

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I hope you get to felling better soon Bill.

16. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Bill,I know what you are going through,I've had em also.I was on a humting trip in canada with my uncle and he had one up there,100 miles to the closest hospitital and 60 of those miles were on a dirt road.Ive got quite a story I can tell about that trip.Heres something.Glycerine and lemon juice,It was in the paper a long time back.One ounce lemon juice mixed with one teaspoon of liquid glycerine(from the drugstore).Drink one teaspoon before breakfast for seven consecutive days(and fish each day also)!!The guy said he did that and didnt have any more stones.Theres a charlotte urologist,Tom Phillips who give his patients about the same recipie,this is his One half cup reconstituted lemon juice(real lemon brand in a green bottle) mixed with 7 1/2 cups of water.you may add sugar to taste.This drink will increase citrate level in the urine that will help prevent stones.Also says aviod coffe,tea and soft drinks.

17. Flattiestalker

Flattiestalker New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Some how I missed this... hope ya pee'd that bad-boy out by now:eek:oooh:
    Man, I had one of those suckers myself... I curled up in a fetal position until that very nice nurse shot me full of morphine.... and yep, too much soda was the cause- the doc said I needed to cut down on the Dr Pepper.

18. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    sorry to hear about that Bill, i had one about three days before our last tournament at work and left early that day and missed a half day of work the next which prevented me from being able to fish. house payment dont quit coming just cause your not able to work. i caught hell for about a week at work from my supervisor, he said "yeah, hes about 5 foot tall standing up but when that kidney stone hit him he fell to about ankle high like somebody shot him!" hope you get better fast i still aint passed mine yet.:eek:oooh: