BRIDGE BROTHERS PART 2

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by mikeskywalker, Aug 20, 2009.

1. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Well folk's it's quiet in here so i'll start things off... Went out Tuesday night put some fresh Shad on my wife's pole threw it ouand went to unload rest of stuff and we come bace and my 6 yo girl was reeling in mom's pole i yelled he stop she said but daddy it was bending over and after a 10 minute fight ( she is only 6 guy's ) she had a really nice 5lb channel..... Going to throw net after work and maybe wet a line...

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    KoooooooLLLL!! :smile2:

3. Foreverdark

Foreverdark New Member

State:
    Iowa
    AWESOME!! I love it when the youngsters get into fishin. I can't wait until my 6yr old daughter hits her first decent cat!! :D

4. bigm catfish

bigm catfish New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    MY 13 YR OLD HOOKED IN TO A NICE 5LB I LOVE SEEING THE EXCITMENT ON HIS FACE WHEN HE LANDED IT. BIGM CATFISH

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nicely Done Little one !(LOL)

6. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    yeah the channel bite has picked up pretty good! me and steve went out last tuesday and I caught a nice 5lber then we went for some beers I returned to 6th in the morning about 6am and the bite was crazy caught 7 more channels in an hour biggest was only about 4 pounds but their sitting in the freezer

7. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Went tonight.... Dingo got his fist Flattie 5 lbs. ... My sons rod was tipping into the water and he ggrabed it and it was on he had what looked to be 5-7 lbs to the wall waiting for fish to tire out and it popped the hook...... He was PISSED....... And once again Dad was shut out......... Next time im going alone..

8. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    where did you go at tonight mike?

9. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
  10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Mike thanks for the post an the nest part is taking the children with you. hat is in all my sayings "Priceless"

11. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    thanks for the report. I've heard people are catching channels on shrimp a couple of places. I haven't caught a thing in like the last 6 trips. Are shad stacked up yet?

12. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Threw net 50 times today and got 30 shad.... a week or so and my freezer will start filling up...

13. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    not sure where you're throwing at but they're not hard to find people got em layin all over the ground and steve found em quite easily. anybody going out sat night? I have it off and am ready for a all nighter

14. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    The bite is on... that is all...

15. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    me, steve, and our families went out sat night for a little while, I caught a small flattie maybe a pound and missed one. Steve missed one partly cuz he's deaf in one ear and the other because my wife thought she would pick up his pole and help him out without knowing how to work a clicker and set the hook with a circle:angry::smile2: sorry bro. we didn't stay long I've been sick so we left at 12. anybody else had any luck?

16. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    where the heck is everyone at?!?!? it's dead round here!! this rain is gonna stur em up boys!! I may have to take a day off and fish!!! has anybody talked to brian lately? I think he hiding so me and steve don't break anymore of his stuff:smile2:

17. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    zzzzzzzz (clicker peelin out)I be giong fishen ya best take that day off preston(LOL) ya need it ......here kittey-kittey(LOL)

18. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    went out this morning with a few shad chubs and lil sunfish. I was tight lining with 6 gamas on had two hit's both on cut shad one almost ripped my pole out of the rocks that was holdin it down but didn't hook it'self:confused2:headed out again in the morning after I find a net to buy somewhere!!!?

19. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    me an mama went out this afternoon -cut asain.... gillies and one large shad ...baits hard to find.... water higher then hell(LOL)..went high water high ballin and got skunked..oh yeah tried hangin 6 poles off the back the boat and be like the big boyz(LOL) SKUNKED BIG TIME !(LOL)...wall is under when she breaks again gonna hit her high and hang on to me shorts (LOL) theres a biggun somwhere with my name on it(LOL)I knows it.....shes rippin now gion down steady though we be all right in a few here and the bang will be back on its fatten cat time(LOL)

20. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    Iowajosh came down and fished with me for a few hours but got skunked. headed out again in the morning gonna see if I can wake steve outa his slumber again, so far I'm 0 for 3:smile2: