Bridge Brother's Brag Page

Discussion in 'IOWA RIVERS TALK' started by mikeskywalker, May 21, 2008.

1. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Well im bored at work so i decided to start a thread for Steve and Chris to post all there fish they catch........

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    This could be a boring thread...:embarassed:

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Rumor has it that the Bridge Brothers were seen out pickin up pop cans to get money to buy some more chicken livers to use down at the Bridge this weekend,so they might be able to put up a pic or two of a Dink that they cought.:wink: J.D.

4. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    your probably right Chris.
    Im going tonight wish me luck.......

5. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    they are not pop cans were pickin up JD! we don't drink pop in DES MOINES LOL!!!

6. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I may not be able to catch fish, but I just got my cat hunter finished. Parts for my motor finally came in, a few minor set backs, arguments, etc and the motor is all back together, she isn't pretty, but neither are flatheads!

7. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Who's not pretty ? no wonder you had argument's... LOL LOL LOL

8. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    i think flathead are beautiful. as for your boat you're probably right - she isn't pretty LOL, (thats for hitting me with darts last night A-hole)- you guys have been using chicken liver!? no wonder you're not catching! oh steve, casey's had some giant creek chubs today if you've been using chubs at all. i got some no rolls and 8/0 circles. when are you taking the boat out chris?

9. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I dunno how much of a brag this one is... or where the heck to put it for that matter...

Friday proved to be a decent day, spent some time getting enough gills for the night, Marcus managed to escape the bonds of slavery and swing in for a visit while I was getting bait.

Headed home to regroup, Steve managed to get off of work early, we were going to hit the massive log jam we had been scouting for about 3 weeks. We get there with minimal problems.

While fishing, Steve decided to donate some tackle to the underworld when all of a sudden *CRACK* conversation went something like this
    S: You might want to reel in your rods
    C: Why? Are you kidding?
    S: The log jam is moving
    C: No way... HOLY $H#! it is...
    S: I told you it was moving...
    C: You said moving not rolling down the river.....

We spent the next half hour admiring our 50 yd x 30 yd (used to be permanent) log jam roll down the raging Raccoon. Debating if it really happened or not!

---
    Time passes and we decide to move up to a bridge... I landed a nice 7lb flathead. Not to shabby for the first fish of the year for me.

The rest of the night was spent with a guy and his dog... Still in shock we headed home for the night!

Never a dull moment with the bridge brothers!

10. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Yet again proof that they dont drink pop !!!!! LOL LOL
    When do you want to try for some chubs Chris i'll take you to my spot if you want to try it some day...

11. mikeskywalker

mikeskywalker New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I think the bridge bros. are trying to retrieve Steve's gear from the log jam.... Where is everyone?

12. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    We took some time off to butter up the families during the bad weather, that way once this clears up we won't have a problem running out on them! LOL

Steve is out carp hunting with his grandpa, I am home for my sisters dance recital, making sinkers (damn I wish I could find my good molds) and scouting out one of the tournament spots...

Don't you Fret, we WILL be back!

13. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I am back!!!!! my river looks like a damn ocean.. there are carp and bluegill swimming in my work parking lot

14. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    get those gills while you can...or you can just wait untill they swim into your bait tank. maybe set up some traps in your back yard? lol

i sure do hope the river doesn't burst :(

15. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Gentleman the rivers do look like oceans right now just be safe out there no need to do something dumb, and lose sombody to the river gods.

16. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    AMEN!!! And we got atleast 3 more good days of rain coming this week supposedly :eek:oooh:

17. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    We should change the name of this thread to the bridge brothers drag page... not even talking about reel drags because they aren't tough enough to hold in this water...

Just got this from my employer and thought i should share!

Des Moines Bridges Close Due to Flooding
    Des Moines city officials have announced that they plan to close the downtown bridges at Court and Grand Avenues and Locust Street today at 6 p.m. The Walnut Street bridge closed at 2 p.m. today. This is to allow a contractor additional time to get all four bridges closed and sealed. Alternate downtown routes are provided below.
    Based on projections by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, city officials believe Saylorville Lake will overflow sometime today, sending water rushing down the Des Moines River into the downtown area. The bridges are expected to be covered with water, but will be sandbagged at the ends to prevent water from seeping. Please plan accordingly. Additional information about road closings can be found at http://www.511ia.org/ or http://www.iowaroadconditions.org/ .

Downtown Detours
    • Traffic should use either a north detour or south detour route. The north detour route will use 2nd Avenue and 3rd Street, University Avenue and E. 6th Street and Penn Avenue.
    • The south detour route will use SW 3rd and 2nd Street, Jackson Street, SE 1st Street and Scott Avenue, and SE 6th Street.
    • Traffic can also use I-235 to get across the Des Moines River between the east and west downtown areas.

18. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Hi guys, it looks really rough this year. The spawn has to be coming but I'm not sure what the fish do with this much real estate and bad conditions. I can't imagine it is easy for the predators to find food right now. The water is plenty "tinted" and maybe that will help them. I wish I had some access to a feeder creek that wasn't flooded out of it's banks.

I managed one eater channel tonight in a small spillway. I think I'm going to have to become a lake fisherman for a while. It looks like the raccoon might become managable in a few weeks!

19. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Hi guys, it looks really rough this year. The spawn has to be coming but I'm not sure what the fish do with this much real estate and bad conditions. I can't imagine it is easy for the predators to find food right now. The water is plenty "tinted" and maybe that will help them. I wish I had some access to a feeder creek that wasn't flooded out of it's banks.

I managed one eater channel tonight in a small spillway. I think I'm going to have to become a lake fisherman for a while. It looks like the raccoon might become managable in a few weeks!

20. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Hell of a great night out tonight. Was out fishing the flooded waters in Fort Dodge... a better report with pics tomorrow... for now... SLEEP I am exhausted.

:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: