Brewers bend

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by 223reload, Sep 7, 2006.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well Imade the 3day weekend to visit the in/outlaws in OK. and my father in law took me to a new spot we caught bait at spaniard creek and then fished nearby at brewers bend just above lock 16 it went pretty good drifting till about noon and the wind quit and clouds went away man it got hot but we caught (myself not included)a total of 6 fish smallest 3lb to my father in laws big ole goodun around 20-25 lb flathead scales werent workin just right so some wherein the ballpark but we had a kickass time and i brought 17 quart bags of fillets back to N.M. mmmgood

2. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Sounds like you had a good time?

I don't know that area, but sounds like some good fishing?
    Is it out around the panhandle?

Ken

3. capt theory

capt theory New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    thats a beautiful area isnt it? there are some of the biggest fish in the state in that area.
    love them cats- its on the arkansas river just above webbers falls lock and dam. just a little south east of muskogee.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I fish that stretch of the Arkansa River quite a bit in the spring and we have caught some heavy stringers in that stretch. Just up river from Spaniard creek where the water cuts around the islands if you catch the river running hard you can tear them up.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    just like to thank all for the responce this is a new fishing area to me we usually fish at tamaha but for the last year our seceret spots have been discovered by so many others that we dont even see any action so we went a huntinand i think it worked out pretty good

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Richard where do you fish at Tamaha? I fish around that area also and I think thats almost straight across from Arkies Island.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    we used to fish two places the road bed and the wall both were strictly bank fishing spots but too many people started trashing them up and we grew tired of picking up everyones garbage plus they seemed to be getting fished out so we had to find another spot

8. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    OK, Thanks.:0a31:

I haven't fished that area yet, but sounds like I need to make it down that way and give it a try?

Ken