BRETT FAVRE!!!

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by mattoonboy4, Aug 8, 2008.

1. mattoonboy4

mattoonboy4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've been a Bears fan my whole life and a majority of it i have been plagued with a certain qb who wears the number 4! well those days are over!!!! haha what do ya'll think about him playin for the jets now?

2. crankbait77

crankbait77 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I think if the Jets can keep there defense healthy, and Favre gets comfortable with the offense, they could be a force that will have to be dealt with for sure.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    THE NORRIS DIVISION will belong to the Vikings now. Not sure if you guys should not have made a play for him.

I would have said the Bears are SB champs then.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I think he has a good year or two in him yet. Lets see how it works out. Will be alot for him to learn in the new system

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I think that after things get more familiar for him and he gets the play-book down, He Will Be OK. I know one thing - He will Make the Jets a team to worry about - especially in the 4Th quarter.
    :wink:

6. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Wish him the best. Just hate seein these legends and stars in there cities seemingly "tarnish" themselves by "hanging around" in a different city.:angry:

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I agree. Why retire, then say ooops, just kidding..... I mean I realize that once they separate from football their lives change drastically, but to put yourself through all that effort, only to get smeared by a 4.4 250lb freightrain of a kid..... man oh man.... stay retired and go work for ESPN.... take Lee Courso's spot lol!

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    4.4 and 250, that would be a site.LOL

9. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Ooops, I was talking 4.4 speed lol!

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I'll just be glad that ESPN radio will now find something else to talk about :smile2:.

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Oh Yeah, GO COWBOYS!!!:wink::smile2:

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

Now your talking.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    It didnt work out like I was hopeing far. I like Brett and will try an watch all the games he plays in but ....................
    Why would he want to be on the jets after all he has done. he aint got but a good couple years left and wants to be a Jet. He is GB all they way.
    I dont like it but I will watch him.

I wanted to see BF with GB kick CB butt. Or is that JJ butt. :tounge_out::wink:

14. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    0k im so tired of hearing about Brett (crybaby )Farve. yes he was good in his prime, but all he has done is set some records.

heres a few ? for all you Farve lovers.

1-how many sb has he been in? 2

2- how many has he won? 1 :eek:oooh: :confused2::embarassed:

3- how many sb mvp does he have? 0 :eek:oooh::confused2::embarassed:

now lets take a look at a real qb. JOE MONTANA . lets ask the same 3 ?

1-how many sb has he been in? 4 :big_smile::crazy:

2- how many has he won? 4 :big_smile::crazy:

3- how many sb mvp does he have? 3 :big_smile::crazy:

my point to this is you can throw all the TDs ,yrds comp., ect ect ect..if you cant win the the BIG SHOW ( which is what its all about) then you really aint that GREAT.so all you FARVE fans enjoy him throwingall them yards, and completing all them passes. but we all know that he is not what they say he is:smile2:

15. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    i must have upset everyone:roll_eyes::crazy: no one has anything to say? you guys must not like him as much as you say you do.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.

WHO?:cool2:

17. NewMexicoCatfisher

NewMexicoCatfisher New Member

State:
    Alameda, New Mexico
    I'll be happy when I stop hearing his name:smile2:. It's fine to talk about him for a while but it's been getting out of hand. GO TITANS!

18. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    your comparison would have been good is both teams had been build the same way. I agree that Montana was a great QB and one of my favorites also, but also SF is a big city market, so there is money coming in to that franchise. Compare that to GB, which is a small town in Wi, with a small town market, not a lot of free agents wanted to come play at GB, they had to work slowwlyy to change that, getting Reggie White to come and play up there was probably the begining. I think that for a long time it was just #4 making it happen, who was Farve trowing the ball to? or who was the RB? but yet in SF you had Hall of Famers on both sides of the ball so playing in a more talented team would have made things easier for any QB, let alone Montana.

For the record, I am a Bears fan and I am glad to see Farve out of the division also.
    :big_smile:

19. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    it really doesnt matterwhere the team is .and you are right about WHO WAS HE THROWING TO?the thing is HE DIDNT DO IT ALONE.im just tired of hearing how great he wasnt.tome if youcant win the big one you really aint that good:cool2:

20. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Just one more self-absorbed ego maniac jock who won't retire gracefully. I can see it now. Favre sitting on the sidelines having just got his bell rung and watching some new hot shot run circles around him. Green Bay did the right thing giving him his walking papers. Role model indeed.