bream ponds and kids

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Apr 11, 2009.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Talk about a recipe for fun! I took my young nephew to a local pond today, along with a box of redworms. I was amazed at how fast he caught on. In just few minutes he knew how to work an old Zebco, where to cast to, and how to set the hook. He caught about 12 bream, 1 bull head cat, and 1 crappie in about an hour. I froze the bream and crappie for future bait (see my previous post about Thursday). I talked to him about going out with me in the boat. He wants to think about it, it scared him off when he asked about a toilet. I told him it was over the side or in the woods like a bear. He's unsure of the woods part.

I love taking kids. Spent most of the time there baiting him up and taking off the fish. That was more fun than a barrel of monkies.

I'll have about 12 - 15 kids over tomorrow after church for an Easter egg hunt. I can't wait.

God Bless All,
    Steve

2. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    sounds like super nice day. The kids are what is all about in my opinion. My supper plan is much time as i can get with my grandsons. Great report.:smile2:

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Kids sure can be a lot of fun! That's why I go fishing with Pop Pop so much, he ain't nothing but a big kid (with a fondness for man colas) :smile2:

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I heard that taking Pop Pop fishin was tax deductible?
    At least that's what Mrs. Sunbird thinks! :eek:oooh::smile2: SSSSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!:roll_eyes:

5. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    Take a kid fishing that what it is all about,:cool2::smile2:

6. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I started taking my kids fishing before they could walk and now they help me catch bait and are ready for the big fish.