Bream on the Bed!

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by BassMassey, Apr 20, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    The bream on oconee are right off the bank and hitting good now. I actually got some good sized ones which is rare for the lake oconee area....they were thick handsized with some good color on them.

2. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    MY SON-IN-LAW WENT OUT LAST SUNDAY,WE CAUGHT SOME NICE REDEAR ON WORMS AND 1 NICE CAT ABOUT 3LBS.THE BRIM ARE REALLY STARTING TO BITE GOOD.WE WERE FISHING AT STAMP CREEK ON ALLATOONA.

3. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    FISHED ALL DAY SUNDAY,CAUGHT SOME REALLY NICE REDEAR,SOME AROUND 1LB.CAUGHT THEME ON CRICKETS AND PINK WORMS.THEY ARE HITTING REAL GOOD AT MCKASKEY CREEK ON ALLATOONA.STILL HAVENT CAUGHT ANY CATS WORTH TALKING ABOUT THIS YEAR.WONDER WHAT MY PROBLEM IS?

4. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Paw Paw
    Thanks for the update on the panfish, I havent been able to catch up to the panfish but doing prity good with the cats, Have the fish been on beds or scattered??
    Thanks
    Puddle...:cool2:

5. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH MCKASKEY CREEK?THERE IS A COVE THERE BETWEEN THE BOYSCOUT CAMP AND THE CAMPGROUND THAT HAS A GREAT REDEAR BED. YOU CAN CATCH THEM THERE ALL SPRING-SUMMER IN THE 1LB. RANGE, YOU CAN CATCH THEM ALL AROUND THE CAMPGROUND AREA ALONG WITH SOME NICE CATS,ALTHOUGH I HAVENT BEEN HAVING MUCH LUCK WITH THE CATS THIS YEAR.PINK WORMS AND CRICKETS ARE YOUR BEST BET,NIGHT CRAWLERS FOR THE CATS.THE COVE IS RIGHT AT THE CAMPGROUND BOAT LAUNCH,IF YOU ARE FACING THE DOCK.IT DIRECTLY TO YOUR LEFT. GOOD LUCK!

6. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Thanks a lot PawPaw,
    Im not to familar with that area but ill give it a try, if you see a gray Triton Aluminum boat up there come over and say hi, or maybe we can get together for a trip..
    Puddle...:wink: