Bream heads

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Eddie Mullins, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Eddie Mullins

Eddie Mullins New Member

State:
    AR
    I was wondering how bream heads might work as bait. I have a family member that bream fishes a lot and thought about getting them to bag up and freeze the heads for me.

2. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Would be better if they were fresh and not frozen.You can still catch fish with them though.

3. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    My personal best Blue of 21 pounds was caught on a bream head. They are great bait, but like the earlier post, the fresher the better.
    Good luck

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    theyll work fine, welcome to the boc bro.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    As stated, they will work fine...but also as stated, the fresher the better...you want those oils and natural juices to be present in the water to lure those fish in. If you are going to freez them, then I would say to ensure that you thaw them really good...some guys will fish with frozen bait...nothing wrong with that. I just think that if the bait is thawed then those oils will run from the bait more...just my thoughts.

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Wich ever you use frozen or fresh I always put hem on the hook then step on them just to release the blood and oils a little faster.

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    If you use them frozen they tend to float up off bottom like an ice cube, which is a good thing. As they thaw the juices will release higher in the water and spread better.

8. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Bream heads are great bait. I use 'em fresh or frozen fresh. You can thaw 'em out before you use 'em or use 'em frozen. If you use 'em frozen, the water will thaw 'em out fast and release a steady stream of blood and oils as it thaws.

9. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    We caught all of our bigger channels on the bream heads this year. We also had some luck last year on the ohio using whole and cut gills. They are a good bait and the flatheads love them too.

10. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    How do you hook them?
    Whats your favorite hook?

Have a good 1
    just