bream and perch - Can you freeze them for cut-bait later?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catoon, Apr 12, 2009.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i was wondering i can catch alot of these bait fish .the question is can i freeze them and use them for cut bait later?

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rich, I like them fresh as many folks do, but if I have any die on me and don't need them for that night I take them home and in the freezer they go any live ones earn their freedom. I never know when I might get to go out on the water and if I will be lucky enough to get fresh bait so the frozen ones are a very good back up plan. Sure beats an empty hook! lol :smile2::smile2::smile2:

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    yes you can i freezem all the time to me its just as good as fresh if you use freezer bags and dont let them get freezer burnt pepple freez skipjack all the time and thay work great brim is no difrent

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Richard....I agree with Jack....its always good to have a back up plan. I usually keep some frozen Bluegills just in case....they work good!:cool2:

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I tried them in an area where I catch mostly blues, but also some channels when using shad or skipjack for bait; on cut bream, all I caught were channels.

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    sure i do it all the time,ive got some bluegills in my freezer as we speak,fresh is better but froze works well to.Sometimes when im using bluegill heads ill shove some dough or dip bait in its mouth so when it gets in the water it will attract attention faster,or ill do that if the baits been in the water awhile and may not have the scent or juices that it had earlier.I find it works pretty well.