Breaking News..... 2:50am-miners Are Not Alive

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 4, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I posted this in the org thread, but wanted to make this new post.

3:00AM-in a terrible & horrible change of events, the miners are not alive, only i was found alive & he is uncon & now on a ventalater. Words cant express how the chill went through my bones watching CNN when a town resident was telling the reporter about this.

May God be w/ them & their families.

2. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Thats horrible news...I was hoping that there would have been a happy ending to this one. My heart goes out to all of the miner's families.

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys I cant beleive this, my family is from Big Stone Gap Va, a lot of minning areas there, so I've been watching this closely, I was so happy when at 11:30-11:40PM they said 12 of the 13 were alive. I stayed up until my wife came home @ 2:30AM to tell her the good news, we were watching a live report & this woman came running up saying "they are all liars", then she said only one was found alive. Still sort of chilling typing this.

4. BIGCAT GarryEads

BIGCAT GarryEads Head Cheese of the USCA!

State:
    Francisco Ind
    Thats not good new's, thats horrible.

BIGCAT GarryEads :sad:

5. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    I know what ya mean mellon.
    I grew up in richlands Va. Any story about coal minners hits home with me.
    It's sad there were not more l survivors. Most minning towns are small and close knit.

6. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    This is a terrible tragedy for the families. The footage of the families celebrating the "good news" that the 12 miners were alive is just devastating to watch, when in fact the 12 had passed away. This is unbelievable.

The survivor is in Ruby Memorial Hospital, here in Morgantown. He is listed in critical condition. Please keep praying for him, and the families of the other brave men who lost their lives.

7. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    it is just horrible that they were givin the wrong info at first. sure sounds like someone jumped the gun i know i wouldnt want to be in anyone of them shoes today. my prayers go out to all the familys. i just wish one thing comes of this though they start making the mone owners do needed repairs etc to bring them up so the inspectors will remove any violations. from what the news said here is there was a bunch of vilolations at this mine a month before then this happens.