Breaking in new gear.

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by flatheadmaniac, Jul 29, 2006.

1. flatheadmaniac

flatheadmaniac New Member

State:
    Missouri
    well i just bought 2 new rods and reels went out today to hopefully break them in. well i boke one in i caught a flathead about 10inches long,:big_smile: way under a pound but a flathead is a flathead so i was happy. my bait was just under 5 inches long( baby Bullhead) dont know how they fit the bait in but i was happy for catchin him anyway.:smile2:

will post pics as soon as i figure it out

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Well, at least you got out there and got something.

3. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    That's the great thing about fishin size don't matter

ROFLOL

Ned

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Maybe next time you can catch his grandpa.If ther a little ones there ahould be some big ones too.

5. flatheadsteven

flatheadsteven New Member

State:
    ohio
    idk how those small fish get that bait in there mouth i caught a 13 inch flathead on about a 7.5 inch sunfish

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah i have used 10 to 14in live shad and caught 2 pound flats on it.. its amazing how they even get the courage to even try to eat something the same size as them... or bigger... hahahahaha.... Just one of natures many wonders...

7. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey atless u got something it better to get something then getting nothin:confident:

8. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Now you know how these fish get so big Have caught many of flatheads that looked like they were choking on the bait.

9. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I have never seen a flat under a pound. But earlier in the year I got a 6lb flaty on a 13-14inch carp.
    Amazing eating machines.

10. Blue Kayak

Blue Kayak New Member

State:
    MN
    It is amazing how fish can eat other fish their own size (or even larger). I remember seeing an aquarium full of musky fingerlings at the state fair DNR exhibit. Sure enough, one of the fingerlings was looking a little plump and had a tail sticking out of its mouth. I've seen pictures of deep ocean fish with large heads. Apparently this species can eat fish even larger than themselves.

Jerry