BREAK THE RECORD TOURNAMENT ON LAKE LANIER

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by Team Hold EM Hook, May 28, 2009.

1. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Hammond's Fishing Center will be hosting the 1st Annual "Break The Record" Catfish Tournament on Sat June 27th 2009 from 6:30am - 3:00pm. The total payout will be $10,000 !!!!! .

RACE FOR THE RECORD
    CATFISH TOURNAMENT

100% Payback
    Date: June 27th 2009
    Lake Lanier, Ga. Little Hall Ramp
    ($100.00 per boat – Two Man Teams)
    6:30am until 3:00 pm

$10,000.00
    Total Payout
    1st $3,300
    2nd $1625
    3rd $1100
    4th $900
    5th $800
    7th $500
    8th $400
    9th $375
    10th $250

$150 Big Fish
    (Payouts Based on 100 Boat Field)
    Register at Hammonds or The morning of the tourney at the ramp 5:30am – 6:00am

Also officials will be on hand to verify the biggest individual Blue,Channel and flathead(Current Record 31lbs) catfish of the tourney which will be the new lake record.

For more info or to pre register call Hammonds at 770-888-6898 ask for Tim Hawkins.(Payout Based On 100 Boats)

TOURNAMENT RULES

1. All tournaments are catch and release. All fish brought to the scales will become the property of the tourney director and will be released back into the body of water from which they came. No Dead Fish Will Be Weighed.

2. All Game & Fish regulations must be followed.

3. No Alcoholic beverages or drugs of any kind. This is meant to be a family event.

4. Anyone caught cheating or breaking tournament rules will be disqualified from tournament.

5. Only Blue, Channel & Flathead catfish, 14 inch minimum size limit will be weighed, 5 fish limit per team

6. No Jugs, Trotline, hand grabbling, limb lines, etc. allowed (ROD & REEL ONLY!)

7. A team may consist of up to 2 people.

8. You may not trailer your boat.

9. All protest brought to the Tournament Director must be in writing with-in 15 minutes of the conclusion of the weigh-in. The Tournament Directors rulings will be final.

10. All ties will be broken by coin toss or winning teams may split prize purse if both teams agree.

11. No fishing within 50 yards of another anchored boat participating in the tournament.

12. Any legal, commercial or natural bait will be allowed. No chumming of any type.

13. Stringers are allowed. Only one fish is allowed per stringer. No stringers through the gills.

14. No fish are to be carried to weigh in by their GILLS.

2. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    where about is this lake located in Georgia...:big_smile:

3. Team Hold EM Hook

State:
    al
    Lake Sydney Lanier is located in N.E. Ga. It has the possiblity of being a up and coming lake. I caught a 28lb flathead last Fri and have heard of a few blues in the 20's caught. It is the upper chain where the Chattahooche river begins. If you google Gainesville Ga Dawsonville Ga Buford Ga you will see the lake

4. Jighead07

Jighead07 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Wow thats the first I have heard about any blues. That is great news.

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Interested, but when i went to the Hammonds Fishing Center website, only tournaments i seen is bass. Never did find any other info of about catfish. :confused2:

6. Team Hold EM Hook

State:
    al
    They are working on a new building and he just has not had time to get it up on the website yet

7. Team Hold EM Hook

State:
    al
    Caught a 4 or 5lb blue last night. I was talking to a friend of mine up in Hart county and he said he could remember his dad and some friends going to Lanier and running trotlines 40 years ago and getting 30lb blues

8. Team Hold EM Hook

State:
    al
    I talked with Tim over at Hammonds today and these are some changes:

The only way to sign up for the tournament will be to show up the morning of at Little Hall boat ramp.

You will blast off in the order in which you paid.
    Ex: You pay first you will be the 1st one or in the 1st group to blast off
    You pay last you will be last to blast off or in the last group. Just like a Green Fish tournament

9. Team Hold EM Hook

State:
    al
    This coming Saturday