Break-in

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by dhogue, Mar 8, 2007.

1. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Hello to all BOC members, I will be out on the Missiouri River tomorrow breaking in my new SeaArk 2072 VPLD for the first time. I might even try to do alittle fishing during my motor break-in. Question: how is the boat ramp off of 94 west I think it's called Klone Dike. :cool2:

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I dont know about klondyke but Weldon Springs should be good to go. There might be enoug water in the river for klondyke but if its like St. Charles today it is covered with mud. I would check Weldon Springs first.

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I WOULD NOT put in at Klondike, i was just over there and the ramp is filled with debris and lots of MUD! I have the 2072 RiverCat and have always had a difficult time launching from that ramp...in my personal opinion, it's not worth a darn.

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey D you could also try the ramp in down town St Charles...it's off of N 2nd St and Olive St...there is also the Columbia Bottoms ramp off of River View and I-270 all great ramps...the Weldon Spring ramp is also good to launch from!

5. tbones23

tbones23 New Member

State:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    D.

I put in at Weldon all the time and never had any problem at that ramp. There usually is not a problem w/ debris. I checked the river level at St. Charles and it's at 11 1/2 feet now. I've put in when its was at 5 feet and was still able to launch w/o a problem. Here is a good spot to check the river level on the Mo. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis/rt

I plan on getting out on the Mo at Weldon on the 24th. I have a lot of family stuff going on till then keeping me from attending to my fishing duties. LOL!! Best of luck and hope to see you on the river this year.