brazos river

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by dirtyyellow, Jan 31, 2008.

1. dirtyyellow

dirtyyellow New Member

State:
    Texas
    anyone getting geared up to put any limb lines out in the brazos river? i fish the area around rosenberg down to the thompson area and im gettin ready to start puttin a few lines out...just wondering if anyone is fishing yet or getting ready to? i just wish it would warm up just a tad and that river would come up a little lol!!

2. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Heck I am still trying to get the boat remodel done so we can get on the water period!! LOL We have been fishing a little around Waco Lake, but NOTHING has been biting at all!! But hopefully we can finish the boat this month and be on the water in just the nick of time!! We usually fish where the Brazos and Bosque meet for some pretty big cats, but it has been a WHILE since we have fished there, as you need a boat to get to where the bigguns are!!

Well hope the fish are biting down your way, and the weather starts being better!!

Drew

3. dirtyyellow

dirtyyellow New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah i hear ya drew... just got my lines finished and the rod and reels ready... gunna take the yachet out this weekend to knock some of the cob webs off her and see how shes runnin this year lol!... well hope u get her runnin and let me no if ya hook up with any big cats!!!!!

4. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah man, i'm gettin ready to lace up the brazos with some limb lines, in your area actually. i think they should be startin to bite because we caught a 37 in the colorado last weekend. i think we have some rain in the forecast too so it should be good. good luck to ya man.

5. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    yelp , I read here in the paper where these dudes when out over the weekend and landed some nice kats up here close to Hearne..but that up river from yall the had a nice load of yellas

6. MUDD CATT

MUDD CATT New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yes sirrrrr.ill be setting out them lines. spawning just around the conner right now im stocking up the tank with bluegills im setting out in the sanbernard river.. gonna try the brazos this year too..good luck man.

7. wiskerkitty61

wiskerkitty61 New Member

State:
    texas
    Hay Drew,
    Just a note to let you know that they have been catching some good sized channels around the MCC ramp toward the bridge, saw several nice sized channels pulled from that area.

8. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Thanks WiskerKitty!!!! We are planning to get the boat out this weekend before we bolt in the floor to make sure there are NO LEAKS ANYWHERE!! We have been walking around the floor of the boat while fitting panels, wires,exct... , and I want to be 100% sure there are no leaky rivets !!! :embarassed: So next week we can bolt everything down and be DONE with it!!! :wink:

Again THANK YOU for the heads up!!!
    Andy

P.S. That is where we usually put in at ( MCC) anyway, and we usually check the area for any biting fish before heading out to other places!

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thanks for the reports

10. wiskerkitty61

wiskerkitty61 New Member

State:
    texas
    Drew have you gotten that boat together and running the way you want it ?
    I hope that all is going well for you.

11. trinityman

trinityman New Member

State:
    texas
    about 10 yrs ago...a friend of mine took me to a place where the brazos and nolan river meet...was some kind a park i think....does anyone know where that is?....nice area...but i dont remember how to get there...

12. lndonny

lndonny New Member

State:
    texas
    put out 15 limb lines friday night the 18 th caught 7 fish. 16lb yellow 14 lb blue and the rest blues about 3-4 lbs. Got exited and put 40 limb lines out the following night . caught only 2 fish 5 lb blue and 12 inch yellow which i released of course. I fish out of a kingfisher kayak. great fun

13. texpro

texpro New Member

State:
    Richmond, Texas
    hay man i live in richmond and i want to start fishing the brazos i fish alot of these ponds around us but no big fish im new to the site so i cant leave you a pm but when i can i will maby we can hook up i dont know how to get a boat in the river in the richmond area we fish the bank near 99 but no big fish

14. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Hey whiskerkitty61 thanks for the info but I was wonderin if you know what kind of bait is good in that area by MCC ? Think that I am goning to go to the spillway tonight and might stop there and leave a few lines.

15. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Hey Whiskerkitty, I got the boat up and running and she is doing pretty well! We still have to do some finishing work on her, and now I just need more money to buy the last few things we need! LOL :wink: We have been doing a little fishing in the Brazos/Bosque, but mainly trying for White Bass and Black Bass. I did catch a few Baby Blues Saturday on minnows on the bottom. We are going to try Lake Waco Monday for all kinds of fish, and I will let Ya'll know how it goes.

On a side note, my Son did hang into a 5-6# Black Bass Saturday Afternoon!!! He got it to the side of the boat and I was reaching for it's mouth, and it made a big jump and the hook popped out!!:angry::angry::angry: When Andrew realized he had the fish it was swimming toward him and he didn't get a good hook set!! It was the biggest Bass either of us would have caught on the river or Lake Waco. So now we know they are in there we will get her next time!!:cool2:

Everyone Take Care and have a Great Time Fishing this Year!!
    Andy

16. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    havent seen or heard of much from the Granbury area of the Brazos but will keep ya informed as I hear an dO!!

17. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    I have a question about Ya'lls Limb Lines! I have seen people use just 1 hook on each line and use small live perch hooked threw the back, and setting the line to where the perch is BARELY under the water surface so it will cause all kind of commotion and the cats will come running in. And I have also seen people use 2 hooks about 1-2' apart, with whatever bait, and put a heavy weight on the bottom of the line and tie the line so it is taught in the water.

So How do Ya'll do yours?? I know every one is very secretive on their setups, so a general overview will do!! :wink::smile2:

Thanks!
    Andy

OH P.S.=

Well we went out to Lake Waco Monday morning, and it was sprinkling a little, NO BIGGIE, as I caught the biggest Black Bass of my life in the pouring rain 10#!!! So I was messing with the motor trying to get it to run good, so we just stayed around the Kohene(spelling??? pronounced Ka-nee) Park Boat Ramp area, well just as the motor gets cleared out to run good, a HUGE CLAP of THUNDER rang out!!:eek:oooh::crazy:. SO in the next few minutes I saw a couple of lightening bolts in the quickly coming in Storm Front, so we scated arse back to the ramp and headed for the house!!:sad2::embarassed:

SO nothing to report about Lake Waco! We are heading out bright and early Sat morning though, and see what we can catch other than a SUN BURN!!!

18. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Just thought that I would let y'all know that the low water dam is hitting good!!! Caught a couple of good ones!!!

19. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Gentleman if that's appropriate?:big_smile: Listen I'm in the military and heading west to AZ this August and along the way will be stopping in the greatest nation in the world. I'm originaly from caldwell county both Lockhart and Luling and well I was used to fishing the smaller parts like plum creek and clear fork when I was younger. Had good luck than but know I have a family of my own and would like to put my kids on some good ole texas whisker fish. Any ideas on some locations where I could put in a 15' bass/catfish/blue gill/crappie/what ever bites boat?:0a22:

20. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    Lone star give me a call when you come home we might go catch some
    catfish.thank's for your service!!!
    361-772-1168