Brazos river

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by thecatman, Jan 24, 2006.

1. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    does anyone fish the brazos river

2. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    I fish the Brazos but way down south from Frydek to Rosenburg.

3. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

I fish the Brazos around Waco area!
    Ernie

4. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    That's good to know Ernie. Let me know when ya'll get alot of rain up there so i can prepare for the rise and great fishing.

5. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Edward,
    Right now,a 1/4 of a inch would be alot of rain!:) I'll give you a holler if we ever get some rain.
    Ernie

6. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    every time ive have been across the brazos up around grahram it looks like a dried up sand pit

7. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

They have it down,right now!They are working on the low water dam.They have been working on it for the last twenty years,and haven't fixed it yet.There is no telling how many millions of $,they have spent on it,and it still don't work like it should.
    Ernie

8. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    We need alot rain right now I'm afraid I might have to feed cows all spring and summer.
    Edward

9. Catfishmomma

Catfishmomma New Member

State:
    Irving, Texas

James, have you been up to Graham lately? My niece tells me that the water is over the bridge close to the barge they have over there.

One of these days, I'm heading over there again.

10. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    hey james let me know when you plan to go fishing around graham i have a few spots on the river to go to that i almost always catch a few fish and although they may not be monsters there are usually large numbers of them and occasionally a larger cat amongst some of the smaller ones

11. whampas_cat

whampas_cat New Member

State:
    Wharton Texas
    Edward
    Have you done any fishing this year yet. I know some boys who fish up towards fredec. I fish down towards Thompson. Last year we did pretty good. Did you fish in the fredec tournement last year? Also do you know of any were along the brazos to buy bait. I tryed Zurobec's but they only have gold fish and wont be getting perch in till the middle of march.

12. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Haven't been to Graham in some time. My dad has a deer lease just outside Graham we had to cross the river on some old county road where it was always dried up every time we headed out there. Not sure what barge you are talking about.

13. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Not sure when I might be out that way, but sure will give you a hollar next time I am.

14. dirtyyellow

dirtyyellow New Member

State:
    Texas
    Has anyone pulled up any big cats this year out of the brazos?? I fish by the college station area and have had pretty fair luck...how do all yall like to fish this river?limblines, jugs, trot, etc..??? also what is the best bait....i like to fish around logjams and small rock pilings and the holes when i can find them....What do yall look for when on the river in search of those big boys???dams, logjams,trees, there seems like theres so much to fish its almost overwhelming.....???

15. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    when ifish the Brazos I fish limb lines. I fish down around theRichmond area.:0a23:

16. dirtyyellow

dirtyyellow New Member

State:
    Texas
    what is the best bait you think for the brazos ??? i prefer large perch but ive heard and seen so many different types on here i cant even begin to list them all...what would yall fish with since its about that time in texas for the big yellows to get to bitin good?

17. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    I use live perch for yellow cat's and cut shad for blue's & channel's

18. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I like to use Gold fish for yellow cats, they work very well.
    AL

19. marco88

marco88 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish the Brazos around the Waco area on occasion. It is really low right now but I think I might give it a try tomorrow for a couple of hours anyway.

20. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    Over this past summer ive fished at the low water dam prolly a total of about 10 times. The only thing ive ever caught was a few gar, but from what i hear thats ur best bet for the biggest yellow cats in the waco area. The only thing that sucks is the long walk to get down there.