Brazos River catfish and gar fishing.

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by gadzooks, Jul 11, 2006.

1. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    A friend and I went to the Brazos below the Falls on the Brazos park out of Marlin Friday nite. Fished all night. Caught, between us, 10 health channels, all over 3 lbs, 4 Drum, the biggest about 7 lbs, and 20 or 30 gar, both alligator and longnose. The largest gar was 12 lbs. Most of the catfish were caught on hellgramites and shad. Its a beautiful area and, though the fishing for catfish wasn't fast and furious, the fishing was always interesting.

2. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Jerry I use to canoe camp from Waco to Marlin and I have caught some realy big long nose and seen some down in the water that were scarey.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I live in the Houston area so fishing below the Falls was a treat for me, much clearer water and my favorite kind of fishing, rocky bottome river. My friend, however, lives in Eddy just a few miles from the Falls. He fishes either Hwy 7 or the Falls several times a week. Now, he's hooked on catching big gar. He's got the equipment, used to be a captain on sport fishng boats our of Port Aransas. Going back in October, hope to tangle with a big one then.

4. nathan king

nathan king New Member

State:
    vernon tx
    any new reports on the brazos on the upper side of whitney preferably going there this weekend hoping to find some good cats