Braves Fan?

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by renji2476, Jun 12, 2008.

1. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I am a pretty big Braves fan but I can't figure out what the H-E-double hockey sticks is going on with them:angry:!! We were doing down right awsome for a few years and now we can't even make it into second in the standings:angry:?!?!?! Man I think that I might have to jump on the Yanks fan club if they keep playing the way that they have been..... Wait what am I saying???:embarassed: I'm not that CRAZY yet :smile2:!!! Anyhow just thought that I would vent alittle since I live in Texas and I ain't a Rangers or Astros fan so no one I know seems to care about the Braves. Thanks Guys!!

2. Wudman

Wudman New Member

State:
    Virginia
    One idea......run support. The Braves offense has been a little suspect the past few years. Pitching has been decent, but they weren't getting much help on the offensive side. And now, they are getting a little thin in the pitching rotation. I've hated to see some of the guys developed in the farm system get traded as well (DeRosa is one that comes to mind). With that said, Bobby Cox is the classiest guy in baseball. When he hangs it up, I probably will too.

Wudman

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bobby Cox,Bobby Cox he's getting to old them yougen's don't want to listen to him

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i like most all braves fans like bobby cox, but maybe the game is outgrowing him. who knows? you would think that our offense could be better. chipper cant do it all. and the pitching? i dont think it is a fraction of what it was in the 90's. now that smoltz is going down hill we really need to pick up a bonified stud on the mound.

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    They're not getting quality players from their farm teams like they did in the late 80's and early 90's.

6. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I think that your right about that... I was hoping to see my Bud Matt Wright make it onto the mound but unfortunately no go. I think that all that has been said has been pretty much the way I feel (especially the "when Bobby hangs it up so will I" comment). I hope we can get on the ball and get the team back to where we need to be. Glad that I ain't the only one to feel this way... Thanks Guys!!

7. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    Bobby cox is a great coach,are pitchers aint that young anymore or as injury free! if only every player could be a Chipper.

8. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    If the Braves can't even beat the Rangers:angry:...... I'll sell my Andrew Jones jersey and buy me an Astros or Rockies jersey!!! Man what is going on!!!!

9. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    So.... should I get an Astros or Rockies jersey?!?!?!:sad2: We LOST AGAIN!!!:beat_brick::cry::nosebleed: Man we almost had'em!! ARRRRGH!!!:angry::0a15: Man I'm sooooo disapointed..... Talk to y'all later.

Jesse

10. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    we better shape up for the second half of the season!

11. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    HAHA!!! I haven't been wearing my Braves jersey and now my wife wants to try and convert me to the Rangers... Now that is funny! I am a real fan and might get down on my team (probably cause we're in 4th place) but I am still a BRAVES FAN!!:eek:oooh::cool2: Oh well.

12. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    the players come and go to quick. the general manager is quick to trade a lot of young players away and the young players have no team loyalty and want all the big money the first time they are able to declare free agency. no team loyalty both ways has made me not near as interested in baseball as i used to be.

13. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Last year this was started I am wondering where you all are now the Braves are looking good and doing some trading if you ask most of the team and umpires Bobby is still the man so where are the Braves fans now