Braunig Lake, San Antonio?

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JoshFisher, Nov 12, 2008.

1. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    Hey yall, ill be gettin stationed on the base in san antonio and my step dad tells me that lake has some nice red fishing, how about the kitties??

any info is much appreciated

2. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Hey Josh,
    Welcome to the SA area! I recently got turned on to reds, I caught mine @ cally though. just a few miles down the road from Braunig. Google both lakes, add redfish to the search, theres u-tube and other sites with vids.

Rubes

3. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    thx for the info, will do. Hows the catfishin down in that area do u know??

4. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Josh,
    The catfishing can sometimes be great and again sometimes slow, I guess it has to do with your approach. The pic on my avatar was from Calaveras on Jan 13, of this year, in like 2.5 to 3 hours we caught 51 kitties letting one go cause it was to small, we ended up taking the fillets of 49 home that day we had a bad fish in the lot so we disposed of it at the cleaning station.
    I learned alot here and have been blessed by meeting some interesting people and making a few friends too, I welcome you to the BOC and to the SA area.

Rubes

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing down there in Texas

6. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I think Braunig is your best bet for bigger & better quality fish, but if you want alot of action calaveras is where you want to go!!! like said above sometimes you just have to find them!!!f

7. gonzo1

gonzo1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Try fishing Calaveras it's alot of fun catching one after the other. Reds are excellent here as well in late August early Sept. I have caught my limit in 30 minutes. Good Luck!