Bratwurst in beer

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    going to cook some dogs this afternoon....want to do a few brats in beer - anyone else do this? does it matter the brand of beer?

2. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Phil thats the only way to cook Brats. Any beer will do. Put brats in the pot add beer to cover the brats, Add 1 large onion cut up, Add 4 table spoons mustard.
    Bring pot to a boil then low heat to simer and cook about 1hr. Remove brats and onions, (keep onions to put on brats) put cooked brats on hot Grill untill you get nice brown grill marks. THEM PIG OUT. I am sure you will enjoy.
    Later Billy Jo

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Phil you have at all wrong. the beer is for drinking when you cook the brats. dont foorget you turn them dont poke em. smokey

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Oh yesss, beer and brats! An awesome combo! What I like to do is cook the brats on the grill first, cook so that they get dark,cracked and starting to dry out. Once this is done add the brats to the already boiling beer, usually 3 or 4 cans of cheap beer will do (save the good stuff for drinking), add an onion to the boiling beer with the brats and boil for about 15-20 mins, the dry brats end up soaking in the beer and onion juice. Makes an awesome meal!

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Phil,
    Beer and brats are the thing to do brother.
    When you get ready to grill the brats, grill the onion also and add to your brats when eating, uuuummmm gooooood !!!

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Now that sounds good. Along with a few ribeyes....makes me wanna fire the grill up :tounge_out:

Thanks guys!

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I always grill my brats never needed to boil them in beer

8. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
  9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    you got the right info now Phil tell me when there ready ok

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    That is what I will have for lunch Wed. Throw them on the grill on low heat. And let them cook until you see a few drops of juice pop out. Then allow them to soak in a bud for a few.
    Then watch out baby its eating time..
    Pete

11. Shortarms

Shortarms New Member

State:
    Illinois
    While your brats are boiling throw a few ears of corn husk and all in the fire for a few minutes. When the brats are done remove the husk and throw the corn in the beer. It's the best sweet corn I've ever had. No need for butter or salt.

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ok...done and over with. i put in an onion and a couple of tablespoons of worschestershire sauce and boiled them in beer for about 20 mins and let them set for an hour.

they got rave reviews. everyone who ate one thought it was great. i think i still prefer polish sausage or hot link.

thanks all for your help:smile2:

13. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    beer-n-brats are greet!!!!!!
    i usually do them that way to. it's god to cook the as long as you can at a low temp. i like to boil mine for about an hour and let them sit for about 20-30 minutes.

14. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Never cook with a beer that you aren't willing to drink. Makes the flavor even better when it is a beer that you personally like.

15. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I agree, I just have a hard time giving up 3 good cans of beer for cooking when I know I should be drinking them. Most of the beer I drink isn't very expensive so it's not to heart breaking to use them.