Brats

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by billNpam, Dec 17, 2008.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Does any one have a good receipe for some brats?

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You talking about homemade spice mix? If so, no, I don't have a recepie. I do, however, suggest Legg's Old Plantation spice mix for all types of sausages. You won't be disappointed. Just get ya some pork butts to grind in with your venison, and mix the spices as it suggests on the package, then stuff.

If you want to try some, let me know, I will send you some for free. I can get it at work real cheap. It would be enough to do 25# of sausage.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bill,Check out the BOC member cookbook in diner,Theres a bunch of sausage recipes there,including brats.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
  5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, hmmm, if you an Pam aint figured out what to do that will result in a few brats runnin around the house, I can't help ya.:crazy:

6. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama

LMAO

7. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    :cool2:I think Grilling them with good charcoal and then using good hoagie buns and spicy Horseradish mustard is the best you can do for a brat. Add a cold beer and you are the KING of the castle.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Bill, I have a couple of ways I like to cook bratwurst and both of them involve boiling or at least simmering in beer for 10 to 15 minutes.

The first is easier and quicker, Chop up some onions and boil them in the beer with the brats. Take them out and grill them on the open BBQ until they are brown. Put them on a bun and fish some onions out to put on them or put sauerkraut on them. The ones not eaten put back in the hot beer to keep them warm.

The second is to slice some onions and seperate the rings, boil the brats in some beer for 10 to 15 minutes. Put some oil on some aluminum foil and put the onion rings and some spices you like on them. Fold the aluminum foil over to seal the onions in and cook on the open grill until tender. Put the brats on the open grill and brown them. As above any left over return to the hot beer to keep them warm. Both of these are really really GOOD:cool2:.