Brashears Creek

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by Salty1, May 1, 2007.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Does anyone fish Brashears behind Ray Jewell Park ???? I was out there for my sons baseball practice and decided to take a walk around the fitness track and noticed I could access the water fairly easy. It appears to have no signs of trash and junk around with fairly deep water and possible Flathead holding spots !!!! I plan to fish this very soon and will post the results.:tounge_out:

2. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey john, have you did any fish at taylorsville. or do you know if anyone is catching anything yet.

3. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Yes I went to Taylorsville twice already. It seems all I can do there is drown bait. I think I could get on some pro circuit for drowning bait or something.:crazy:

4. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yea i hear ya, my luck has not been good either this year so far.
    do u fish from the bank or a boat.

5. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Mostly the bank but I do have a friend that has a boat.

6. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I fish Brashears creek a lot from June through the fall. Have never really caught anything of any size. The Salt river and Taylorsville lake are both down quite a bit right now. We need about Three days of steady rain to get things moving good again.

7. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well i hope to get down to Taylorsville Lake soon as i get over this back ake of mine..Hope the cats are biting and thanks everyone that fishes there puting in some reports..please keep them coming.

8. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have been to the lake 8 times this past week with nothing to show for my efforts. I have been using Chicken livers, cut Shad, cut and live Gills, nightcrawlers and hot dogs. I have also changed up on locations and hours fished as well. I could be wrong but I really do think some rain would help the bite. I know the hot dogs sound odd but last year I slayed the Channels on em.

9. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    yes, hotdogs can be a good weapon to use on channels fer sure...used them myself and caught some....due to my back being outa shape here lately havent gotten to Taylorsville Lake yet but soon hope to get there and hope the bite is on...any and all reports will be welcomed and ty all for them...

10. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Jimmy:
    I am fortunate that I only have to work 3 days a week and live 15mins from the Lake. I fish nearly every day or night that I am off. I will be happy to share as much as I can about the bite as it happens. Shoot, maybe we could even hook up for an outing sometime.

11. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Jimmy,
    The Channels are coming off of spawn and starting to bite. We did pretty well tonight on cut Shad.

12. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for keeping the reports going this year for us all as you get to go there more often that we do..Yes that would be nice if we could hook up sometime and fish together..i have a pretty good ole boat and like the conversation of fishing with someone!!i will add ya to my buddy list and try to get with ya sometime soon, take care all and god bless...

13. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks Jim,
    Really appreciate that. I tried to add you to my buddy list as well but the site would not let me right now. I will try again later. Keep in touch and take care.