Brandenburg park

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by drifter000, Apr 27, 2008.

1. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    stopped in at brandenburg park at about 5:00 pm and tried the boat ramp by the little pedestrian bridge. diddnt even get a bite. i was using night crawlers on one pole and shad on another. there were a few other people there also and they hadnt had any luck either. better luck next time i guess.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC I know what you mean I went out today and the wind was really bad, and I didnt have no bites but like you said there will be better days ahead.

3. Ducati Monster

Ducati Monster New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Yeah, we were out there that day. Didn't do much good on the Kentucky side. The cats seemed to be biting on the Hooser side though. About 30 ft deep. Got a pretty lil Flathead, & a few small Channels... not even eaters. Took'em all to a friends farm pond in Brandenburg.

We'll all have better luck next time!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Mike and Rob. I will be in Brandenburg the last week of June. May try and look you up.

My inlaws live in Doe Run (think thats what it is called).

Be nice to meet some Kentucky brothers.

5. drifter000

drifter000 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i dont have a lot of catfishing experience but i wouldnt mind having a fishing partner. by the way ducati monjster, were you fishing from boat or from shore? i was on shore, dont have a boat yet. what were you using for bait?

6. Ducati Monster

Ducati Monster New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Sounds good Bluejay, drop us a line. We (father & I) mostly fish at night in the summer.

We were fishing by boat Drifter, lil 16 ft. tri-hull. Barge traffic was heavy Sunday, sometimes I’d see two. One east & one going west. Forces us to stay near shore. You could easily cast were I was from shore. Indiana side only though. We used night crawlers but nothing hit em. Seemed to bite more on fat lil minnows. I hook’em through the forehead & cut a slit or two into the gut pocket.

Cut shad is my favorite bait. Remember, catfish can taste trace amounts of blood pretty far downstream. They know if it’s fresh or a lil rotten. Use their super senses to your advantage.

I’m no expert but I learn fast. If I could only locate bigger game.... :roll_eyes:

7. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    better fishing than sitting at home

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    welcome to boc from dayton ohio ducati

9. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    HELLO. I LIVE IN THE BRANDENBURG AREA, AND WOULD BE GLAD TO FISH THAT AREA WITH YOU.I HAVE A BOAT AND GEAR IF YOU NEED IT.LET ME KNOW WHEN.THIS GOES FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS TO GET TOGETHER!:big_smile: JIM 270 547-2579

10. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    My wifes uncle and aunt live in brandenburg on 228 I go down a few times a year I havent had much luck and would look forward to fishing with somone in the know . They have a landscaping/grassing co Rent an Emmert maybe you have heard of them been est. down there for years . Hope to hook this summer sometime :roll_eyes:

11. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Glad to see new members from Brandenburg. Seahaggy has a great idea of a get together at the Salt River boat dock once the river settles down a bit. I just PM'd him to try and set a date, would like for our Brandenburg brothers and sisters to join us. We will get back to you with date and time as soon we can.

BE SAFE
    Linda

12. Scorpion

Scorpion New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I could do a Salt River party:big_smile:

13. southernhoops

southernhoops Active Member

State:
    in
    Hey it was nice meeting you and your son last night. After we got home the skies cleared i wish we would have stayed. Hope to see you on the water

14. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    HI! IT WAS GOOD MEETING YOU AND YOUR FRIEND TOO! THE NEXT NIGHT,WE TRIED UNDER THE BRIDGE AT BRANDENBURG AND ALONG THE ROCK WALL,BY THE OLD BOAT RAMP. ONLY GOT ONE SMALL FLATHEAD. YESTERDAY, WE FISHED THE GREEN RIVER AT MORGANTOWN. BUEATIFUL RIVER, LOTS OF SNAGS AND REAL EASY TO LOOSE ALOT OF TACKLE.THE BOTTOM IS TOTALLY COVERED IN EVERYTHING. WILL TRY SLIP FLOATS IF WE GO AGAIN. GREAT RIVER TO TRY JUGS OR A TROT LINE.
    TAKE CARE, JIM 270-547-2579:smile2:

15. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Have jugged and trotlined there plenty o cats ! Haven't rod and reel fished there but shad and deer heart worked well on jugs

16. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Keep on trying those fish will come

17. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    :big_smile:HI, JUST LETTING ANYONE KNOW ABOUT OUT GET TOGETHER,TOMORROW (FRIDAY)EVENING. WILL MEET IN THE PARKING LOT/GRASS AREA AT THE SALT RIVER/OHIO BOAT RAMP. TALK,COOK OUT,FISH OR WHATEVER. ALL WELCOME. AROUND 6-7 PM

18. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    Catsy , I'll fish with ya, We can use your boat or mine.

19. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    HI:roll_eyes:GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU .WE JUST GOT HOME FROM CAMPING AT ROUGH RIVER.GOT ALOT OF SUN AND CAUGHT A FEW CATS ON JUGS. I COULD PROBALLY GO NEXT WEEK WITH YOU.
    CALL ME, JIM 547-2579 EVENINGS:big_smile: