brand of pellets

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jan 8, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i prefer to put the beeman round nose pellets in my crosman storm because its a heavier pellet an i get more PUNCH out of it when going after pests like pigeons...
    anyone else like beeman or another pellet for a special reason :tounge_out:

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm using Crossman Premium pointed ,HP,and Flat along with Daisyflat . the crossman pointed tips seem to be much more accurate .....for the moment,By the way I have shot over 1500 rounds breaking in my rifle ,how bout you guys?

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have 7 (I think) different .177 pellet rifles and pistols I accumulated in my 62 years.I just bought the cheap Chinese by the thousands for them all as each had it's favorite and the Chinese was a fair universal.I have one .22 rifle and I bought the same type for it.I have several hundred mixed brands and styles that I have also bought over the years.Almost all types of guns are like women.Each wants it's own thing.As I just get to plink in the back yard now,it really doesn't matter.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    im not sure about my rifle because it does a few rounds in 3/8 group but then i get shots 1 in off

i dont no if its not broken yet or the scope moves or what but i put close to 1500 rounds in it and bench test it

its a crosman storm xt

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i shoot the crosman round nosed hollowpoints. i use them because they have always worked for me and flatten those dang blackbirds right out. used to have a daisy 1000x but traded it for a shotgun. all i se now is a gamo semi auto co2 pistol and a crosman 357 co2 pistol. they are both pretty accurate for what they are. my daughter has an old crosman 760 pumpmaster and she is pure hell on those blackbirds!

6. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I meant to say "several hundred pellets in mixed brands"in the above post.I have no idea if there are several hundred brands or not.

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    shooting without a scope than i do with one:eek:oooh:
    i had i 760 pumpmaster and i could hit pigeons at20 yards cause i had instinctive windage and elivation in me so i cant really adjust to the scope that well.....

now with a break barrell ive gotten to the point where i can drop a pigeon off a telephone pole at 50 yards and get 3/8 gruops at 20-25 yards on a windy day using sights

it took me over 3 years to judge the arch of the projectery at a long distance (up to 70 yards )and im pretty happy without using a scope

i also went through about 7000 pellets and thats rounding off :wink:

i use the beeman roundnose pellets and im going to get the pointed ones nextime i go shoping. my main target is pests like pigeons but i use flatnose pellets when shooting at blackbirds

qual,dove,rabbit and things like that are what i feed and the others come around :angry: not for long!!!!!:smile2:

8. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    This is way above my head,,, I like to smell the powder burning.LOL I've gota check into this.:smile2::wink:

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    James,The new break barrel guns are far more accurate and powerfull than anything we ever had as kids,Check them out. I bought the Daisy model 1000s at wal-mart for just over a bill ,They also have a Gamo thats a 1000fps too,Thats my next one.They are a lot of fun to shoot and keep your skills honed when ya cant get to the range with your regular rifle. It does take alot of practice to re learn to shoot a break barrel because it has a double recoil ,If you hold it tight like you would a reg.gun you will not have much accuracy . you must find the sweet spot with a light hold to gain accuracy with these guns .

10. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    my favorite 2 pellets are the beeman field target specials and JSB diablos. I use them out of beeman R7 and varioud other guns. there are no finer pellets out there. you will be suprised by the improvment in group size when switching to high quality pellets

11. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    I noticed the same thing. I sighted mine in with those gamo rocket pellets which it fires very accurately. Other ammo is off a bit but close.

12. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I started out with 7 pellet and BB guns at the start of this thread.The more I dig and look the more I find that I have forgotten about and stuck here and there.I am up to 10 now.I don't know if they are breeding or my short term memory has gotten that bad.I hope it is the memory.If I get to thinking that they are breeding,I am gone for sure!

I even have the Daisy .22 rim fire that they made for a short while.

I love you Brothers and sisters

13. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have been told that they were just made for the Christmas of 1987 for Wal-Mart and then discontinued as Daisy was not licensed to make and sell firearms.I bought it new at Wal-Mart in Savannah Georgia and ordered x-tra rotary clips for it.It is made much like the air rifles were at the time.A steel action and barrel with plastic wrapped around it and plastic adjustable stock..I was told they were bringing $175.00.I don't remember what I paid for it.I think It was $49.00 as they were discontinuing them.

I have no old collectible air guns as I wore them all out and threw them away over the years.I really have no idea of how many over 56 years.I once had a "shooting collection" of over 50 guns with about 10 air guns.Catastrophic illness took care of that!My life and the need for funds came before my guns.I surely thought about dying and having them buried with me,but I figure my family would sell them instead of burying them with me!It is a job just maintaining that many guns in our humid climate in South Georgia.