Branched oak

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by catfish_jordan, May 1, 2007.

1. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    im going to branched oak this weekend hoping to catch a BIG one.anybody got tips for me(where to fish) ?will bring chicken livers,worms,cut bait,and maybe some stink bait.also i will breing the boat and my nephews are going to camp with me so i want them to catch their first catfish. o one more thing the water is up 3-4 feet if that helps.

thanks again:smile2:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Best of luck on your fishin adventure.The main thing is to hav ea lot of fun.Andto be careful out there on the water especilly if it is up.Hope you all catch a bunch and be sure to let us know how you did.

3. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    if the water is up then try the backwaters unbelievable flathead habitat, use white perch generally easy to catch just bounce a crawler along the rocks and you'll have one on quick. but beware it is very silted in generally i just take a row and scoot along, find a hole and thats where they will be.

4. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    the fishing WAS UNBELEVABLE!! caught 10+ catfish,6 carp,5 pound wiper,and a whole lot of perch.the water was up close to 6 feet up. now im a firm belever of chicken livers which caught most of my catfish on.all the carp were 2 pounds or more. ill try to post some pics as soon as i can.