Branched Oak Flathead catfish video

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by skerzfan, Mar 19, 2006.

1. skerzfan

skerzfan New Member

State:
    Hastings, NE
    I'm in the process of buying a boat and more than a little anxious to get it out on Branched Oak. Especially after seeing this video from a couple of guys fishing last weekend:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3291543464255139605&q=flathead+time

Branched Oak is catch and release only for flathead and wipers. They need the predators to try to keep down the over population of white perch.

Now if only the snow would stop!

2. mazdabob

mazdabob New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, IA (Omaha)
    mmmm, i've been debating getting a ne non-resident permit, and that video may have send me over the line!

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Now thats what I'm talkin about brother, just watchin that video make any man wanna go get a boat and catch some biggun's

Thanks for sharing that vid.

AL

4. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Mmmmm Mmmmm.... that makes me so mad... i wish it were summer already... i wanna go FISHING!!!! and hopefully land some of those beast.. thats a real nice fish.. Congrats to those 2 guys... hope i catch a fish like that some day!!!! :rolleyes:

5. strohcephus

strohcephus New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Wooodoggy! That's what it's all about! :)
    Thanks for sharing that, it's makes this wintry day a whole lot better.

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I think that I am gonna have to get off my duff and get up to Branched Oak, and tie into one of those beasts!

TA2D

Aaron

7. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I'm attached to an Army unit in Kuwait, which is actually better then my last 4 deployments. The military firewall won't allow me to view the video. Can anyone download it and send to my military account or yahoo account?

I grew up on Branched Oak, mostly boating. TA2D and myself need to head up there when I get back in August.

shane.sudman@tb14.arfor.army.mil
    sudusafsf@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance

Suds

8. Gone Catfishing

Gone Catfishing New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Shane since it's on Google Video, you have to either view it from the website or use Google Video Player to view it on your computer. I'm going to send you Google VP and the Video so you can download them both, but I am not sure if you'll be able to. I'll send it to the first email address, if it doesn't work I'll send it to the second.

9. Gone Catfishing

State:
    Kansas
    Scratch that idea... I was doing it but it was taking a very long time. I don't have the best computer.

I converted the Google Video format to .avi, then converted the .avi to .mpg --- now it will play in Windows Media Player. The link to download it is right here:

http://www.uploadready.com/v/3430679/.html

If you can't access that website, let me know and I'll re-host it

:0a26:

10. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I appreciate the upload, although I got the dreaded HTTP 404 File not Found error. Our internet connection is crappy at best, so it may work but during a different time of the day.

Thanks again. We just found out we're going to have the ability to get wireless internet on camp here in Kuwait, so I'll take a look at this monster flattie that everyone is talking about. Thanks again, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me view this.

SSgt Shane M. Sudman

11. Gone Catfishing

State:
    Kansas
    Just so you know, you have to click that link to get to the page with ANOTHER link. That link is the one you should download, not this link. I will try it for myself right now and put it on a couple different sites if I can. But that won't be till later tonight. Sorry you got the error!

edit:
    I just tried to download it, and got an error as well. Once I go home tonight, I will upload it to a different website for you. Sorry about the wait ---

12. Gone Catfishing

State:
    Kansas
    flathead_time.mpg

Should work this time. Click that link and watch it on that page.

13. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I can't get to the link because the military uses Websense to filter specific sites. I tried the trusty old proxy bypass sites, but they are filtered also.

Again, I appreciate you're dedication and time to helping me see this video. I confirmed that my camp is getting wireless internet in a little while, so I'll check it out then. Thanks again, I appreciate it.

SudDawg

14. Gone Catfishing

State:
    Kansas
    It might be easier if you told me of a video site that you know you are able to view... that way I can upload it to that one with no problems.

15. suddawg

suddawg New Member

The problem with websense is it filters everything. If you manage to get through once to a site that didn't get blocked, it could possibly be blocked thereafter. I don't know of any sites that wouldn't constitute a "networking and storage site" according to Websense. Thanks

Suddawg

16. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Could one of us save it and sent it to you in an attachment?

Aaron

TA2D

17. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Well, I broke down and bought 5 dollars worth of internet minutes at the post exchange internet cafe. It was worth it. I thought they just stocked those only 2-3 years ago with flatheads. Must be plenty to eat for them. Thanks everybody, and TA2D looks like we need to hit Branched Oak one night when I get back.

SudDawg

18. Gone Catfishing

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry I couldn't help more :(

19. skerzfan

skerzfan New Member

State:
    Hastings, NE
    There's no shame in trying...

Thanks for all your efforts in helping someone out.