Brake dust

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by dankitch, Jan 23, 2007.

1. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Finally the weather broke a little today and I got to hand wash my truck. While I was washing the wheels I really noticed the amount of brake dust on the inner wheel. Is there any wheel cleaner made that will take brake dust off of the inside wheel without damaging the coating on the wheel? BTW if anyone is looking for something to clean the mud that is coated on your tires...try Whesley's Bleach White. It is an awesome product. It will make your tires look like new.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Danny I use one of a couple of things depending on what I have around. Purple Power, Simple Green and are Dawn dish washing soap. Do not get the Purple Power on your paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I used Greased Lightning. It has got to be the best household cleaner/ degreaser ever bottled and sold off a grocery store shelf.
    It may not be available nation wide but its pretty readily found in grocery stores in the southern states.

4. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i work at a dealership the best thing iv used is automagic green tire and wheel cleaner im coming to the cumberland gathering ill bring u a bottel and let you try it out

5. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    The products mentioned are good and Mothers makes some good products also. My buddy bought some new brakes the other day and they are not suppose to yeild any brake dust.

6. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I gave up on scrubbing the crud out of the inner wheel. To much work for my lazyness. I just crank up the pressure washer and blast away. Figure its on the inside:tounge_out:

7. catfishinrepoman

catfishinrepoman New Member

State:
    georgia
    buy more expensive brakes...like ceramics....little to no dust

8. pokerkat

pokerkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dust shields should keep most of it away but if they aren't there like mine I use a solvent called SF-77, its a high powered soap, combined with purple power solution and engine degreaser, I use it all the time, it works wonders, I am not sure where you can get it though because I work at my auto lab at the career center, anyways good luck man.