Braided Line

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ste6168, Aug 13, 2009.

1. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Whats up. Hey as many, or some, of you know. I ditched PA :embarassed: and came down to Annapolis, MD. I am trying to set up a distance casting rig. So far I have bought an Abu C4. I am looking for a good braided line to put on it, everything I have saw for good braid has been expensive. The people in this area don't seem to mind the expenses (seems there all loaded and will spend whatever, on whatever)! What line do you suggest? Looking for something cheap-er in a bright color (red, green, yellow). Only braid I have used is PP, and it still is rather expensive for a 300yd spool.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121202 You CANT.. JUST CANT pass this up. :wink:

3. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i just ordered some 80# tug-a-war line from catfish connection today 100 yds was 10 bucks w/shipping and i think 300 yds was under 30 bucks

4. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    i'd stick with a trusted brand like power pro. you get what you pay for

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i have power pro on all my reels and love it, i figured for 10 bucks i'd load up 100 yds on one of my spare reels:wink:

6. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Give it time, you will get that price.. :smile2:

7. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    haha i may just have to try this tug o war stuff.....

8. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    How do I order? I am looking into this as I write this. Tug-O-War is going on this reel!:eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

after I just, quickly looked, its all over 50lb test, I want a 20-30lb test for a distance caster. This may be my new line of choice!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
  10. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ok, if they had 20lb or 30lb spools, I would have ordered about 5 right now. No longer being in PA and fishing for flats I have no need for anything more! I landed a couple 30+lb skates on 30lb Suffix Superior today. Suffix make great line, but it is EXTREMELY expensive (hence why I never used it). I may order a spool or two of this line, just to be safe :wink:.

11. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Mike,

Fork out the $$$$ and buy a large spool of Power Pro braid. You can use it for both big cat hunting and will suit all you saltwater needs. The last thing you need to do is loose a big fish because you bought the cheaper stuff

13. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    ya, i got to agree with tan here mike. keep an eye out for large spools on ebay like in the 1100 to 1500 yrds area. also check out berkley big game braid there is a guy that always sell this stuff on ebay in big spools and it's pretty cheap. also if you want to go crazy look at jerry brown braid that stuff is big $$$. but power pro is not all that much i just bought 300yrds of 40# for 25.00 bucks at dick's. so it should be a little cheaper for 20#. and one more thing try and stick to red or yellow for a color, for some reason king's like the yellow, and the red kinda just blends in. well tight lines mike...justin:cool2:

14. robjmiller

robjmiller New Member

State:
    Irondale ohio
    stick with the power pro it is worth the money

15. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    AAAaaarrrgghhh!!! I saw the announcement yesterday, and by the time I got around to going to their site today, it was all gone. Just a tip folks, when he says it'll go fast, he means it! :crazy:

16. Yeah baby, Power Pro or bust!:wink:

17. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    Power pro cant be beat......if you tie the right knots:wink: