Braided Line

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by topfuelkc, May 30, 2009.

1. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well I trying to set up a rod for drifting and wanting to put braided line on it I got a 6 1/2 ft. ugly stick med. action with a shakesphere tidewater reel. Ive never used braid what would be a good line there are many to choose from:confused2:

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Quite a few of us here only use Power Pro Plus. I use the 80 lb which has a diameter of 17 lb mono.

3. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll look for that wasnt sure of stren, spider wire or what. Thanks

4. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i like spiderwire stealth 65lb. for cats. it has always worked great for me, it is super thin, green in color which blends really well with the waters out here.
    80-100lb power pro is what i use for shark fishing off the beach, its strong stuff. definatly will handle just about anything you catch by rod and reel.

5. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I agree with the Power Pro, it's all I've used for the last 5 years. I use 80# on my big rods (10') and 50# on the small rods (7'). I'm not sure if your talking about drifting lakes or rivers, but for me on the river, I have better luck using the smaller rods with the 50# line to keep it down on the bottom and avoiding having to use larger weights. But that's just me; sometimes I'm singing to a different tune and the radio ain't even on!

6. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    80 or 100 pound power pro yellow is what i like the best 8/10 size hook most of time when bite is slow small bait and 4/6 size hook 7/9 ft rods mh slower drift better results most of the time GOOD LUCK :big_smile: