braided line ???s

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by TITANSFAN2104, May 28, 2009.

1. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    do the braided lines backlash as bad as mono on baitcasters?? i would assume worse its worse than mono??

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    no and yes, mono backlashes more but its eaysey to get it unlashed, braid backlashes less but win it does, your, onna be mad

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't think braid backlashes any more than mono. I use braid and do believe the main difference is when casting braid you do not want the fluff you get when casting mono, braid will start half hitching on you and then you have a mess. If you have removed any brakes, you might want to reinstall them. I use #65 Power Pro on my 6500 and 7000's and have have no problem at all. Good luck.

4. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I use 65lb. Power Pro also on 6500 and 1430 quantems love the stuff. It will backlash on you but not as often but when it does it is a little harder to pick out. Be gentil and dont just start pulling it will make it harder to pick out! Also make sure it is spooled correctly. Chck out the video clip on teamcatfish.com titled monster blue. Jeff williams shows a tip on how to spool a reel with braid.