Braided line best for bottom fishing or bobber fishing?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by derbycitycatman, Aug 30, 2007.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Like the title says do you guys that fish with braid like it best for bottom fishing or bobber fishing? Or is there much difference between the two?

2. kingdawes

kingdawes New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I use braided for both. though I do not do much bobber fishing period.

It would seem to me that the lack of stretch is a benefit in either situation. More sensitivety is good for me.

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I also use it for both, sometimes it's a little harder to get the bobber stop to grab with braid.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    The absolute advantage to braid with bobbers, particularly among lots of stumps and snags ,is it doesnt absorb water.When you go to set the hook or reel in with mono it pulls the bobber or float under dragging it down among the snags.Braid gives you instant pickup without it going under and allows quicker hooksets due to no stretch.:big_smile:

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I use braided line for both situations. I have basically stopped using mono line when catfishing.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I prefer using braided with a mono leader regardless of what type of fishing I'm doing. I still have mono on some of my reels because I can't afford the cost of buying braided for all of them. I recently got a Penn 320 GTi though, and I'll definitely be putting braid on it, with mono backing, of course.