BRAID LUBE ??

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Angler Ace, May 14, 2009.

1. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    OK. Here is the question I would like to ask my fellow BOC brothers:
    I just started using braided line on my Bass Pro Shops CatMaxx CMX-3 Baitcast Reel. I noticed if I wet the line ( pour water on the spool of line) before I cast, the cast are farther than they would be if I did not wet the line.
    How would you handle this? Is there a product that will help?
    I don't think I want to use REEL MAGIC, as it sounds more like it was made for mono.
    All your suggestions would be of great help, as I do like to hear from all of you.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Hmm good post John ...The only thing i could think of is that that braid is takeing on some water weight and allowing it to sail better threw the air lol? Beside's that i have no clue lmao

3. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    I use Reel Magic and love it. But................... I do use mono line.

4. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I agree. If I did use mono, Reel Magic would be the right thing. But I did read the info on it , and it did not say anything about BRAID.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    What kind of braided line you using john?

6. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I only have two reels with Briad, but I do use the reel magic on them. I haven't noticed any negative effects on the braid.

7. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Stren Super Braid.

8. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I spray my reels(braid and mono) with WD after every trip. don't know if it answers your question, but, i started doing it just as prevent. maint. , i noticed they casted better.

9. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I spray my Abu's with Reel Magic and they are all spooled with #65 Power Pro. So far I have had no problems.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Reel Magic will work with either monor or braid, with no problems. I have a friend that uses Armor All on all of his fishing lines.

11. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    You like that line pretty well? never tried it?So you guys are spraying that stuff directly on the line?

12. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I have been using STREN SUPER BRAIDED line, but they don't make it anymore, they have up graded it to STREN SONIC BRAID. I like it. I think it is great. I won't use anything else. I use the HIGH visible yellow.
    I was getting some good ideas from this post about something to lube the line for greater casting distance.
    I did some reasearch of my own, and found a product called " ARDENT LINE BUTTER CONDITIONER." I will give this a try because it mentioned it was made for all types of line, were the other products only mentioned they were good for the reel or for mono.
    I get the merchandise free from bass pro anyway (reward points) so I'll give it a try, and keep in mind all the other tips that were mentioned.