Braggin Board

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by skawez, Jun 3, 2009.

1. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    well i couldnt think of a better name for the thread.. this year so far ive got my PB blue of 9 lbs 14 oz and plan on besting it.. i still have yet to best my PB channel of 15 lbs but i will.. and tonight i caught my fist and PB Flathead of 25 lbs 14 oz and also my biggest fish out of all of them.. so heres a thread to brag a bit about what we been catchin..

Attached Files:

2. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

nice fish man

3. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    where did you catch them at and what was you useing for bait

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    the blue was at BO on cut bait. and the flathead at Bluestem on goldfish.. the channel was on shrimp at harlan county.

5. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    nice fish man. My big fish of the year is a 8 lb channel. At a private pond on chicken liver. Anyways good fish man. Make sure you enter it to get an award, as far as anyone has said that's biggest fish of the year for NE.

6. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    nice fish man!!!! hopefully you will beat all your pb's in the future! good luck :big_smile:

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Good job Steve!! Nice fish you've caught!! Hope to see you at the gathering!! It's coming close. Gotta swap some big fish stories!!

Congrats and get that award!! Well deserved!!:big_smile:

8. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    My biggest fish so far this year would be a 5 pound Channel out of Salt Creek but I'm hoping to change that tomorrow or Sat. I don't work Fridays, the woman is out of town this weekend, and apparently they're hitting good at Wildwood and Bluestem so I've got all weekend to fish! we'll see what happens :big_smile:

9. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    im heading up to the river on saturday night.. all but 2 ppl which may only be one.. pulled the plug on goin one i still dont know about.. (James)...plus im lookin for a fishin buddy round here that likes ta go fishin anytime during the week and or saturday nights... pm me if ya can stay out past 4am.. LOL:smile2:

10. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    ya know Matt.. i look like an idiot most the time.. but when my poles bent over and the reels a spinnin i make sure the cams handy so theres proof i dont always look like that.

been having a blast at the lakes lately the really been hittin' dont matter what the lake if your fishin almost guaranteed to catch something.. i said almost.. lol

so come on guys start postin some pics and braggin some.. :smile2:

Attached Files:

11. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    caught my first flathead last nite on a bluegill at about 10:30, dont know how big it is though, dont have a scale.

12. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    oops forgot the pics :smile2:

well i guess it aint lettin me put em up. i got em over on the flathead thread if anyone can give me a guess of how big it is.

13. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Congrats on your first Flathead and PB too right? im guessing 15-17 lbs nice cat ~!!!

14. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

I saw it in the flathead section...nice fish.....buy a scale

15. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    u know what, sorry steve i forgot to say sumthin and congratulate u bout ur fish. i didnt notice til last nite, i guess i thought i left u somthin on here after u calld. glad that you caught one and got that award bro. Really nice fish and hopefully you catch bigger ones this year, but not at BO for the gatherin jk:smile2::smile2:

16. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    NOT AT BO?? oic how ya r :big_smile:

17. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    we went out the other night to a little out of the way lake that i thought was another.. actually thought it was supposed to be a reservoir.. turned out to be a WMA LOL.. but hey its got flatheads is way down and it didnt matter what the kids threw out at them they caught a fish!!.. corn liver shrimp.. not a soul around water was way low.. but we had a blast!! i live for the memories with the kids and when ya meld fishin in with the mix it only makes it that much better!!

Attached Files:

18. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    well here is a pic of my nephew and i with a channel about 8 pounds we caught last week on secret 7 it's the biggest fish he ever caught.. the 7 works awsome to boot we caught 4 between 6-10 pound range sorry if the pic doen't come out that well...
    jason.jpg

19. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    A big warm congrats goes to Steve and JR!! Really nice to see the kids getting involved in the outdoors too! That's what it's all about!! great pics and nice catches!! :big_smile::wink::0a31::001::006::0a23:

20. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Took my youngest son and his friend fishing on the 5th. It was a pretty good day. Patrick was reeling in a bluegill to only get it stripped off by a big bass. Of course he didn't know what to do because it's his first time fishing. But the highlight of the day is the 8 lber that I helped Ryan reel in. See attached photos. He can't smile because the fish is weighing to much and he's probably a little nervous since he's never held a catfish before.
    Fun time for all who attended. :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

Attached Files: