Brad's new custom rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by brad kilpatrick, Feb 17, 2007.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I've had many requests to post pics of My new custom rod. So here Ya go

rod specs
    8' E-glass heavy action blank
    double foot stainless steel guides (no inserts to pop out)
    Fuji reel seat with custom trigger
    Portuguese cork handle
    Double flex coat finish.

These rods are handcrafted one at a time By a gentleman who has over 40 years of rod building experence. The workmanship is undeniable 100% 1st class. The custom rod I had built before this one cost Me almost double what this one did, and this one is nicer!

Attached Files:

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Undoubtedly one of the finest rods I've ever laid my hands on. I already have one in my possession, and Mr. Knox just called and said my second one was ready. Going to pick it up today at the Smithville Marine open house (garage sale).

3. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    My second one is up there as well Doug. gona give it a trial run tomorrow at coffee county lake! Can't wait These rods are super sweet!

If you want to do anything at the highest level you must have the Best gear avaliable!!! These rods definatly fit the bill

4. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Wow! Nice rod ya got there! Beautiful too!

5. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    looks pretty nice, got anymore photos of it

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brad thanks for sharing the picks and info. on your new rods. Much appreciated. Do you have any cost info. or a web site to look in?

7. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Looks sweet Brad, how about a whole pic. What kind of blanks are those?

8. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Brad is that a blue cat rod,?reel looks like c3 07 model.
    JIM

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Here are some pictures of the Phil King signature series rod. It is made my the same person who makes the John Jamison blue cat rod. This rod is used for control drifting and such. This rod is made out of graphite instead of E-glass.

Attached Files:

10. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Hey man i've got one of those too....I just got back from cabela's My sweetie got Me a 6500 line counter reel for a late valentines day present!

11. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    Yep Thats the John Jamison siganture series blue cat rod and a '07 abu 7000c3i

We'll be Raffling off one of these rods at KC Catfish tournament in March. $5 a ticket, only 40 tickets will be sold. $5 isn't bad for a 1 in 40 shot at a $135 custom rod!

12. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Selling your sole again I see. Maybe I need to talk to my sweetie and see if she will get me couple new batteries for the boat. hahaha

13. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    You had better start sucking up!

14. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    I have to get so far away to get a picture of the whole thing, Can't see much detail. It has 8 eyes + the tip.

They are keeping the blank a secret, I don't know who makes it. I do know it is a very high qualitiy E-Glass blank. The blank costs as much as most guys spend on a off the shelf rod, they aren't cheap.

Attached Files:

15. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brad , your wife must have talked to my wife as I have a Tekota 500LC on order to go on my Phil King Driftmaster that I got recently. With all these new custom rods we will be sure to catch some good fish when the time comes. It is gonna be a blast to see how high we can go to put the most weight on a scale with using these new poles. Finally we have rods made to use for catfishing that are made for the job at hand. No more having to use a rod that was designed for something else.The blanks should be kept a secret as alot of time was spent getting it right and all the right parts were put together to make the best catfishing rod for the money.The warrenty is second to none and I for one cant wait to see how they perform with a huge catfish on the other end.We should be able to feel the fish take in the bait and be able to tell when it is time to put the hammer to them.

16. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Well my new rod passed my first idiot-proof test with flying colors. I went out this morning to retrieve it from my blazer and found I had rolled it up in the passenger window!:crazy::embarassed: No visible damage though...

17. brad kilpatrick

State:
    Kansas City
    damn Doug I knew i should have kept a hold of that thing for Ya! LOL

18. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Would that almost qualify as a aw-crap or a big OOps? I will have to tell Mr Tom that they passed the first stress test when I see him next weekend.I hope my new reel gets in this week so I can pick it up and get it on the new Phil King Driftmaster.

19. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brad how many tickets ya got sold yet? I might be able to move some for ya on the raffle for the John Jamison Signiture Series Bluecat rods.

20. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Put me down for 2 tickets Brad. One for me and one for Jim if you still have some. Let me know and I will catch up with you.
    Now if Jim happens to win.........:boss: