BPS rod shipping

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by nitronostrils, Apr 24, 2008.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Couple days ago I called BP and asked them about shipping charges on multiple rods if $6 for all or each, she replied 6 for each, BP ships them that way because we will damage rods send two or more. I was ok that's fine since the nearest BP is 150 miles away I would save on fuel cost. So today I recieved the first rod, shipped in a nice cardboard tube, popped open the end cap and grabbed the butt...ok nice looking rod so far, get all the way out and no tip:angry:. One would think that a .50 cent piece of bubble wrap wrapped around the tip would be a solution taking in account how much abuse packages go through when processing or maybe the fed-ex driver went fishing over his/her lunch break and hooked onto a big one. :wink:

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Give them a call, I heard that there good on replacing damaged goods.

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I had just ordered a rod from them this month..mine came in a box 4 1/2 feet tall 11 inch's wide and 5 inch's deep and was wrapped top to bottom in bubble wrap it was a two piece rod 7 foot long ....sorry to here you got a broken rod from them:sad2:

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Lucky for me I only have a 20 min drive to BPS.

5. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Yeah I called them as soon as I seen the damage they said BP would email myself acouple pre-paid labels for return(which I received), just find it ironic that of what the first lady said then bam I receive damage.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    That sucks. Just a side note. I could never understand buyin a rod without holdin it in my hands first. Thats just me.:wink:

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have to check a fishing pole out before buying, so no orders from catalogs for me.

8. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I have had pretty good luck ordering stuff but i only live 40 min from a bps so id rather go down and look at the world record crappie and pick my pole out in person!