BPS MegaCast Round BC reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by GMC FishHauler, Jan 15, 2007.

1. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
  2. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    yep, i bought one last year,its cheep,thin side cover,but really its not a bad reel for the money,casts great.matter of fact i bought a cat maxx at the same time and on the first cast the cat maxx crapped out and wouldnt reel in so i cut the line and threw it in the back of the truck and broke out the megacrap reel and i'm still useing the little guy,its kinda grown on me.its worth 30.00 bucks.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I bought one at the last part of summer. Got to use it a few times but haven't caught a fish on it yet. Seems to work pretty decent from what I can tell so far.

4. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Not bad for the money, but not great, I had a couple that gave problems pretty quick.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    James good luck with your new reel. Give it a try and then give us an update on how it preforms.:lol: :smile2:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    James I bought a BPS bait caster a loooong time ago and after about 20 years of tough bass fishing with it finally wore it smooth out i thought no prob sent it back to get repaired and guess what they quit making that model so no parts so my advice is probably great reel for a throw away model

7. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I've got one of the BPS megacast reels. It's okay, but it's definitely no 6500. In my ignorant opinion, the ambassadeur reels are at least 3X the reel as these bps reels. For whatever that's worth, it's my opinion.

Jerrod

8. SFG

SFG New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Now i'm curious. Anyone have anything to say good or bad about the CATMAXX baitcast reel? It is ten bucks more than the mega cast model, but other than line capicity I don't see a lot of difference.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I would get a Abu 6000 or 6500 reel.

10. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i already have a several abu's. 2-6500's and 2 5600s and the evo i mentioned in previous post. I love all of those reels. I even bought another abu in a pawn shop today, it is 650, not 6500.
    I was just going to try out a different product. For $30 i guess if it is junk i will chalk it up as a learning experience. by the way, BPS backs these reels very hard so if i have probs i will return it.

11. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    James, keep the sales ticket for any exchange or returns. Bass Pro isn't difficult to deal with at the store, but not as easy as Academy. Don't know about catalog or internet.

12. CMJ

CMJ Guest

I second that , you can get the 6000's new for 59.00 and even better price's on ebay

13. mwmuck

mwmuck New Member

State:
    Texas
    I bought three several years ago and 2 of the three had problems within a few months. One seemed to work fine and handled several decent cats and several slot Redfish. However, when it came time to replace the pall I could not find anything that would fit. The reel appeared to be a carbon copy of the Ambassadeurs I have used all my life but the pall wasn't even close. I looked for a parts list but couldn't find one.

14. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    well guys, i have chalked the BPS reel up as a learning experience.
    This reel can cast like a dream but it is worn out already. I will from now on stick with High Quality reels.
    On the bright side it just cost $30