BPS Cat Maxx rods

Discussion in 'LOCAL MARYLAND TALK' started by Bob R, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    I was just on the Bass Pro Shop web site and thay are having a after christmas sale on alot of items. They have thier "BPS Cat Maxx" series rods 50% off wich makes them $25.00. From what I have read on the web these are top of the line rods and a heck of a good deal for that price. I just ordered 2 medium heavy casting rods for myself.
    I hope this is helpful to anyone looking for new rods.
    Good luck to all who are fishing this weekend!

2. oran

oran Guest

Thanks for the info.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bob thanks for the info, I will check that sale out. That sounds like a good buy.:0a18:

4. philg427

philg427 New Member

State:
    Poolesville, Maryland
    I've got 4 of them now and I really like them! I also put on the catmaxx reels on three of them and they too do very well. Makes for a well balance outfit. Have caught up to 47 lbder's on them no problem yet in search of the 50 + now.

5. KaJaMa

KaJaMa New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I can't agree with philg...I won two of the Catmaxx reels this past year and have had nothing but trouble with both of them. The reel handle doesn't seem to grab the spool and turns real rough. I've tried every adjustment and have taken them apart a few times trying to figure it out.

If you have any suggestions or had the same trouble and was able to fix it, please let me know...

Thanks

Sabin

6. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Bass Prow's catmaxx rods, How limber is the tip on the medium heavy rods? Is it limber enough to detect the soft bite?

7. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks i went and baught 4 of thim

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I got one of the 9' MH casting 2-piece rods for Christmas.It seems like a good rod,haven't used it yet.I have an Abu 6500 on it.