BPS bows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by smhmc6, Nov 22, 2008.

1. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    For a while now I've been wanting to upgrade my equipment. Recently my brother took a job at bps and he gets 40% off all bps brand products. I've been browsing through the website reading up on the specs on each of their bows. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet, I will be in KC for the thanksgiving holiday and I'll shoot them when I'm there. Might even get one. My dad went in and shot the kronik last night and said he really liked it and is going to get one for himself. Again, I haven't shot them myself so its impossible to decide just from looking at a website, but I have my eye on the kryptic. Does anybody shoot/shot either of these bows? How do they shoot? What are the pro's and con's? I've red the reviews and for the most part are positive. One thing I noticed was someone said that the cable slide is straight back and there might be interference with the cables and fletching. Is this really an issue? Surely they wouldn't look past a flaw like this when they designed the bow.

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I bought a Kronik a while back and love it so far, there bows are made by diamond. The accessories that come with it arent great so I upgraded the sight and rest. They are always out of them when I go in there. I would buy another one without a doubt. Hope this helps.

3. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for the response. Yeah I agree, I didn't like the accessories that comes with their packages. I was probably just going to buy the bare bow and put everything on that I wanted. Have you noticed a problem with there not being enough clearance between the arrow vanes and the cables? Do you shoot blazer vane style or just a normal vane?

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I shoot blazer vanes and theres plenty of clearance on my bow. I changed it to a hyper glide just to get some more FPS and it actually pulls the cables a little farther away, a good thing. I was looking at the kryptic myself but liked the Kronik better, shorter bow.