BPS 100 mph suit

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by screamnreels, Sep 11, 2009.

1. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    I was just wondering what your thought were on the Bass Pro Shops 100 MPH all weather suits?

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have some friends that use them and like them. I need to buy one and will be looking at them.

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Check out the Cabelas Guide Wear suits also.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    For that kind of cash. Look up Artic Armor if you fish in cold weather also. AS it will also keep you warm along with float you and 2 other buddy's in a coat and bibs only weight 5 lbs.
    Pete

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I just bought the Bass Pro "Pro Qualifier" gore-tex rain jacket. It looks to be just as good and a bit lighter for warm weather. Still pricey at $190.00 but cheaper than the 100mph suit. It got rave reviews in bad weather. You can purchase a zip-in liner for really cold weather. I already have a set of good bibs so this ought to finish me up for a while. I have been planning on making this purchase for a long time. Last time I fished in the rain it made up my mind to get it over with and stay dry.

I'd also check out Cabela's Guide Wear before you buy the 100mph, probably basically the same stuff but you don't have to look at a BP logo with that funny looking fish on it. The pro qualifier doesn't have the funny fish on it either.:wink:

6. screamnreels

screamnreels Member

State:
    Halifax county
    Thanks for the input BOC brothers. I broke down and bought one this week, I love it so far now to try it out in some cold weather. Look out winter blues!!!

7. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I was looking at these as well, but also wondered about how effective they are for cold weather.

One person mentioned the Ice Armor suits. But how are the BPS/Cabelas suits for warmth, or are they mostly rain suits?

8. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gander mountain and Cabelas have them on sale. I love them. They are all very similiar. You will not get wet and the wind will not get thru.

9. moav81

moav81 New Member

State:
    KC, MO
    After spending 4 years as an arctic infantryman I bought the lightest goretex bass pro had. That way I can use it in the summer for rain and then mimic the same goretex setup we used for the arctic. Just use a polypro under layer under the goretex and your good for anything the lower 48 can throw at ya. Has worked great for me.

10. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    bought the gander mtn bibs for half price last week. They were $49. They are not gore tex but supposed to breathable. They stayed dry this weekend in high winds and sideways rain and they are not hot.

11. redbone

redbone New Member

State:
    smiths sta
    We sure have come a long way from our grand dad's flannel

12. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    aint that the truth. 200 rain suits, 200 rod and reel, 30000 boat, and all this for what you ask. just to catch the same big cats our grandfathers cought with a little bit of nothing:smile2: funny how things change