BP and Cabelas braid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by duckriverdave, Jul 16, 2007.

1. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Has anyone ever tried the Bass Pro brand of braided line? The price seems fairly reasonable.

How about the Cabelas brand of braided line? It too seems to be more affordable.

Thanks in advance.

drd

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Bass Pro braid only.I have installed the Offshore Angler Magibraid in 30,50 and 80 lb.on casting,trolling and spinning reels.Everyone said they liked it.I have only used the 30 lb. and that has been very little due to handicaps.I was very happy with it on a Cabela's Saltstriker SS6600X.It seems to do the job well in every respect whether I or others were using it.It cannot replace mono as mono cannot replace braid.Each is great in it's place.It is not shock absorbing like mono,but this lets you detect the nibbles that you would not with mono.I think that I would like it even more if I had normal feeling and sensitivity in my hands.I also have to be very careful not to get cut as I can not feel it in my hands.I still like the old Dacron braid and still have a spool of the silk that we used for bait fishing.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee