Boys i need a little info...

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by airforceben, Apr 13, 2007.

1. airforceben

airforceben New Member

State:
    california
    any info on hot spots in the following rivers/lakes or any good info for the following rivers/lakes is appreciated, as yall know i got the new boat and am eager to take it out.

clear lake
    lake oroville
    camp far west
    lake collins
    sac river(remember im near marysville)
    feather river(remember im near marysville)

any help is greatly appreciated...anyone who wants ot meet up and fish well hell thats even better!!!

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Feather river spring run of salmon has started.

A guy named AllenM who posts here lived right up there a few years back he knows all the spots but I haven't seen him around lately.

Go by Star bait and tackle or call them in marysvile maybe they can throw you a line on something

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Ben, Clear lake is having there big catfish tourney in may. Randy (knottguilty) fishes clear lake a lot. He has extinsive knowledge. Iwill pm you some info.

4. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Allens back I see maybe he can direct you to some spots he knows about i'll bring this thread to his attention Ben

5. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Hey Ben,
    Most of the lakes you mentioned are wide open for bass right now. Clearlake will obviously hold the best size Florida strain bass. I have fished Clearlake several times in the Clearlake Oaks area from my float tube. Crawdad and Bluegill color crankbaits and plastic worms are a sure bet. Lake Oroville holds a huge population of spotted bass. Use 4 to 6 inch roboworms in the coves this time of year and you should get them. I havn't fished Camp Far west. I have only trout fished in lake collins, but I know they have lots of bass. I hear you can do good on spots and smallmouth around the rockwall of the dam. As far as the Sac river, I mostly fish down here in the Sacramento area. I have been catching striper in Freeport and at the entrance of Steamboat Slough. I have fished in the Feather river near the boat launch off of Feather River BLVD. I was bait fishing with sardines and did pretty well. I fished the Feather up in Oroville last year for salmon and caught several. Have you ever fished in Ellis Lake ( the big man made lake in Marysville ), because there are lots of catfish in there. I go there in the summer to catch carp. I use a tortilla dough and knock em' dead. I usually always catch a 5 pound cat on the dough as well. I will have to hit you up this summer when I start fishing that area. Hope this helps.
    Linz

6. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Heya guys. Nice to be back on the boards. As for salmon, the guy to talk to would have to be fishnhunt4ever IMHO, but I got a honey hole for cats up there I'll share with you. It's at Black Butte Lake. Park at eagle point and hike up the lefthand bank opposite the boat launch around the first point, and then follow it along the shoreline up to the second point where it's really rocky. Use big bait and big hook, and be patient. I was regularly pulling 5-7 pounders out of there and that's where I caught my record 14 pounder.

I sure miss that hole!